Archangel's Legion

• Dedicated to Nalini Singh

Title: Archangel's Legion

Author: Nalini Singh

Series: Guild Hunter #6

Status: Completed

Link: http://www.kissofvampires.net/0/3046.html

Quote from Archangel's Legion:

"The Cascade happens and Neha calls fire and ice, Elena said into his mind at the same instant. Titus moves the earth, Astaad the sea, while creepy Lijuan brings the dead back to life. Meanwhile, my gorgeous archangel, not satisfied with, I don't know, shooting lightning bolts or something, actually taps into the energy of the planet and calls an army of bogeymen from the bottom of the ocean.
Of course you do.

The dry commentary made him wonder how he'd ever walked through life without the wit and laughter of his hunter by his side. He could no longer imagine such a cold, remote existence, the idea of it spawning an immediate repudiation in his bloodstream."

Archangel's Legion is one heck of a coaster ride that takes you from sexy times to fierce battles and back again. If you aren't holding your breath at least once, then you aren't really reading this latest journey that Elena and Raphael take... Than swirl into the immortal world of violent passion and lethal power...on the brink of a deadly archangelic war.

Angels are falling from the sky in New York, struck down by a vicious, unknown force.

Vampires are dying impossibly of disease.

Guild hunter Elena Deveraux and the Archangel Raphael must discover the source of the wave of death before it engulfs their city and their people, leaving New York a ruin and Raphael's Tower under siege by enemy archangels.

Yet even as they fight desperately to save the city, an even darker force is stirring, its chill eyes trained on New York...and on Raphael. Rivers of crimson and nightmares given flesh, the world will never again be the same...

Excerpt

Elena watched the ducks peck at each other in the pond in Central Park and thought about the last time she'd been here. She'd sat on this very bench, musing on the fact that even the ducks couldn't be nonviolent as her mind fought frantically to find a way out of the mess in which she'd found herself-a mess that had seen her tracking a mad archangel for another immortal as lethal.

Shimmering white-gold over her vision as she lifted her eyes to the sky, an echo of that fateful day. "Hello, Archangel."

Raphael folded away his wings, his eyes on the ducks. "Why do you find them so fascinating?"

"I don't. I just like this spot." Her own wings uncomfortably squashed against the seat built for humans and vampires, she rose to her feet. "Though I think you need to sponsor a new bench over there." She pointed to a beautiful spot across the way; it'd be shaded by the delicate green leaves of a flowering cherry tree in summer, the soft pink blooms in spring. Right now, with winter's kiss in the air, the tree was all bone, stark against the evergreens.

"It will be done," Raphael said with a cool arrogance that made her want to drag him back to bed. "You realize you're capable of sponsoring many such benches?"

Elena blinked as she always did when she remembered she was rolling in it. Not in comparison to older immortals, of course, and way below Raphael's league, but her personal fortune was more than respectable when it came to a fledgling immortal. Earned in the hunt that had broken her back, made her bleed until her throat filled with the iron dark fluid, and brought Raphael into her life, the money was currently amassing ridiculous amounts of interest in her Guild account.