Born of Ice

• Dedicated to Sherrilyn Kenyon

Title: Born of Ice

Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon

Series: The League #3

Status: Completed

Link: http://www.kissofvampires.net/0/3314.html

The protagonist in this book is Syn and Shahara son. So I reckon out of the series this is the only one that takes places with a haunting vision of the future. Taut and shiveringly exciting, this heart-pounding love story will keep you on your toes, just as it kept me!

In the Ichidian Universe, the League and its ruthless assassins continue to keep rule. But at what cost? Welcome back to the future- and a whole new world.

He is an outlaw who offers no quarter...

Devyn Kell spent his life in service to the League until he learned of the double dealing and backstabbing that was costing innocent people their lives. Refusing to play those politics, he became a Runner- someone who makes sure planets get the weapons, medicine and supplies they need to survive. May the gods have mercy on any who get in his way, because he definitely won't.

She is on the run from a past that could end her life...

Alix Garran is a woman on the run from a past she can't escape. Signing on to work for Devyn as a System's Engineer, she finds a cause she can fight for- and a man she can respect. But as Alix's past catches up to her, and Devyn's old enemies turn lethal, they have to fight together- or fall alone.

Quote from Born of Ice:

Happiest day of my life when my dad made him human. (Devyn)

Happy for you, bonebag...It cost me my girlfriend. (Vik)

It was a lamp, Vik, not a girlfriend. (Devyn)

I really loved that lamp. She lit up my entire world. (Vik)

Excerpt:

"That right there is the meanest son of a bitch ever born."

Devyn Kell jerked his head up from his paperwork as he heard that deep, familiar voice coming from across the room.

No. It couldn't be...

He barely bit back his smile as he saw the newcomer instantly through the group of milling soldiers who separated them in the mess hall.

Adron Quiakides. Braggart. Womanizer. Lunatic...

And his best friend since birth.

Only a handful of years older than him, Adron had snow-white hair that fell in a braid down his back. A League assassin, Adron wore the uniform well. So black it absorbed light, it was a stark contrast to his hair and molded itself to every muscle the assassin possessed.

His eyes were covered by a pair of opaque shades, but even so, Devyn knew their color better than his own. As a kid, he'd saved the right one from blindness after they'd had a race through a briar patch that had all but ripped it out.

Devyn had won the race. But Adron claimed it was only because he'd almost lost his eye.

As if that could ever slow one of them down...

He hadn't seen Adron in almost six months, a record for their tight friendship. He was definitely glad to see him now.

"You mean Kell?" Devyn's commanding officer choked as Adron draped his arm over Quills's shoulders. "Are you high, Commander? He's a friggin' doctor. The only part of me he scares is my tonsils."