Consumed (Temporarily Misplaced)

• Dedicated to Suzanne Wright

Title: Consumed

Author: Suzanne Wright

Series: Deep in your veins #4

Status: Completed

Link: Temporarily misplaced?

Quote from Consumed:

"Just give me a second. Attempting to give a fuck...Attempting harder to give a fuck...Sorry, there was an error; fuck not given." - Sam

Get a good look into the love life of the Grand High Master pair squad. Starting with Ava and Salem, I lost count on the number of times I spurted out laughing from the pair antics and arguments. It's difficult to explain, you have to read the novel yourself to understand. Warning there is dirty talk, very, very mature scenes and yeah.

Sventé vampire Ava Sanchez has a difficult decision to make: should she accept the invitation of the Grand High Master Vampires and join their legion? It will mean leaving behind her brother and her home. It will also mean working with Pagori vampire, Salem McCauley. Unlike the majority of vampirekind, she doesn't fear Mr. Tall, Blond, and Dauntless...even if he does have some psychopathic traits. In fact, he has a raw sexuality that tempts her to drop her 'no relationships' rule and give him exactly what he wants from her - everything.

Salem McCauley doesn't like anything cute, or sweet, or cheery. Yet he wants Ava with a desperation that's bordering on obsession. And shockingly, she doesn't look at him like others do - you know, like they fear he'll rip out their spinal cord for fun. Now that the legion will be busy hunting the players involved in the creation of an illegal vampiric brothel, there's no time for pursuing Ava. But Salem makes time, because he never denies himself what he wants and he always holds tight to what's his. And that's exactly what Ava is, whether she knows it or not: His.

Excerpt

(Ava)

It wasn't often that I found myself scowling. In general, I was a happy, upbeat, animated person. Even when I was a toddler, I'd always had a ready smile on my face. Always had more energy than I knew what to do with. My father had called me 'dippy'. My mother had called me 'neurotic'. Whatever. Both sounded fun.

I knew I was a little too...easily excitable...for most people's tastes. Knew I was quirky with the whole 'humming at random times' thing, my refusal to eat anything green, and my aversion to all things luminous yellow - it was a weird colour and I didn't trust it. But I didn't see the point in changing to please others, it was a thankless job. And it seemed totally dumb to let people or their behaviour get to me. But when it came to a certain blond Pagori vampire, I didn't seem to have much choice in the matter.

It was a few months ago, before Samantha Parker and Jared Michaels had ascended to become the Grand High Pair, that my brother and I had come to The Hollow - a gated community set on an off-the-map Caribbean island. The previous ruler, Antonio, had agreed to help me and Cristiano locate some of our missing nest. Sam, Jared, and their personal squad had accompanied us during the search, and that was when I'd first met Salem McCauley.

Confident. Focused. Reserved. Fearless. Dangerous. Private.

Salem was a complex character. He also had a very unapproachable air about him; his posture seemed to scream 'stay the hell back'. Most vampires did. Maybe I should have been one of those people who gave Salem a wide berth. I didn't, though...because his tall, trim build and his confidence and intensity always sparked a primal need to build inside me, twisting my stomach. It was too basic and elemental for me to make any sense of it, so I'd stopped trying to.