Angels' Blood

• Dedicated to Nalini Singh

Title: Angels' Blood

Author: Nalini Singh

Series: Guild Hunter #1

Status: Completed

Link: http://www.kissofvampires.net/0/3074.html

Quote from Angels' Blood:

"He was trying to make me his bed buddy. I declined. He gave chase."

... "How, exactly, did you 'decline' his offer?"

"By slitting his throat."

The silence in the garage was broken only by the sound of water drip-dripping somewhere in the distance. Sara just stared. So did Ransom. Then the idiot male started laughing hysterically. He laughed so hard he fell off the bike and onto the scarred concrete of the garage floor. Even that didn't stop him.

Elena would've kicked him, except he'd probably use the chance to pull her down with him. "Shut up before I do the same to you."

He tried to stop laughing. Failed. "Jesus, Ellie. You are awesome!"

The author has created a series that extends a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. Prepare to be addicted as you are taken to a world of beauty and bloodlust, where angels hold sway over vampires.

Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux knows she's the best-but she doesn't know if she's good enough for this job. Hired by the dangerously beautiful Archangel Raphael, a being so lethal that no mortal wants his attention, only one thing is clear-failure is not an option...even if the task is impossible.

Because this time, it's not a wayward vamp she has to track. It's an archangel gone bad.

The job will put Elena in the midst of a killing spree like no other...and pull her to the razor's edge of passion. Even if the hunt doesn't destroy her, succumbing to Raphael's seductive touch just may. For when archangels play, mortals break...

Excerpt

Elena's instincts were screaming at her to grab the knife in her boot, do some damage and get the hell out, but she forced herself to stay in place. The truth was, she wouldn't make it more than two feet before Raphael broke every single bone in her body.

It was exactly what he'd done to a vampire who'd thought to betray him.

That vampire had been found in the centre of Times Square. He'd still been alive. And he'd still been trying to scream-"No! Raphael, no!" But his voice had been a rasp by then, his jaw hanging on by stringlike tendons, his flesh missing in places.

Elena-out of the country on a hunt-had seen the news footage after the event. She knew the vamp had lain there in agony for three hours before being picked up by a pair of angels. Everyone in New York, hell, everyone in the country, had known he was there, but no one had dared help him, not with Raphael's mark blazing on his forehead. The archangel had wanted the punishment witnessed, wanted to remind people of who and what he was. It had worked. Now the mere mention of his name evoked visceral fear.

But Elena wouldn't crawl, not for anyone. It was a choice she'd made the night her father had told her to get on her knees and beg, and maybe, maybe, he'd accept her back into the family.

Elena hadn't spoken to her father in a decade.

"You should have a care," Raphael said into the unnatural silence.

She didn't collapse in relief-the air continued to hang heavy with the promise of menace. "I don't like to play games."

"Learn." He settled back in his chair. "You will live a very short life if you expect only honesty."