• T h i r t e e n •

Alex's P.O.V.

I walked as fast as I can toward where I last saw Sophie. I walked around the neighborhood to let my mind at ease. This felt weird. I was looking for the girl I'm in love with, yet the girl I'm in love with probably doesn't love me as I do her. It was heartbreaking. I, Alex Orlando, going through slightly what my dad went through. Gotta say, my dad did get the better end of the stick after time went on. Not now, obviously since business isn't going well. But, it meant a lot to me. Knowing everything my dad went through and how he beat the shit out of his depression and got a lot better. Why am I rambling on about random things again? Oh, right. I don't want to face reality.

I sighed as I saw the big M sign of McDonalds shining on my face. At least it's still alive and shining. I texted Sophie on the way here. If she isn't here by 12:30, I'm leaving. I'll wait forever for her. But, not when she doesn't want me. It gets settled tonight.

At 12:05 I started getting really cold and started shivering so I went inside and ordered a coffee. While I sipped it I looked through my phone contemplating everything. I finished the coffee, threw it away, and went to the bathroom. It was so damn cold oh gosh. My face was red as a tomato. Yikes.

I checked the time, 12:31. What the hell. How was it this late already?! I walked outside to see a figure that looked like Sophie walking ahead.

"Sophie!" I yelled out. The person didn't even turn around. I ran after them and saw it really was Sophie.

"Why'd you ignore me?" I asked breathlessly.

"This isn't some sort of game, Alex! You can't keep second guessing everything and not being sure with anything. I'm not going to continue to come after you when you don't want the same. I've waited for you for years when you were with Amanda. I'm not waiting anymore. I'm tired of it."

I stood there, confused.

"Soph, what are you talking about? You knew that whether Amanda wanted us to hang out or not I always made time for you. She hated that. I never lied to her, I never lied to you, I always had your back when she or her friends made a comment about you, always. We went out dates, yes. You needed me, I finished my date with her first and then came to you. Because, yes, you are my best friend and in other times I'm always there for you, and I'm sorry if me not coming right away because my girlfriend would've thought we were secretly dating is what's bothering you. I tried to be the best friend anyone can have as well as best boyfriend. But do you know how hard that is when your best friend gets upset with you when you're not there for them always and when your girlfriend accuses you of everything wrong! I have never bent my morals for her nor will I do the same for you. I'm in love with you, but I won't change for you. Not anymore then I have. I'm a good person and I know that. If you became my girlfriend shit would've been easier knowing you were my best friend and girlfriend. But life isn't that easy. So, if you really feel it in you that you don't ever want to be associated with me, then fine. I'll let it go, I'll let you go." I breathed out. Holy crap I talked a lot. I can't breathe.

She grabbed the back of my head and kissed me passionately. When she let go she sighed and whispered, "I'm sorry."

I was left there, alone. No one to hold. No girlfriend to say was officially mine and I hers. That shit really hurted.

Why'd she kiss me if she knew her decision? I was left.

Seems as if nothing will happen in my side.

And I'm just the guy that's been left by the girl he wanted, and left the girl who cheated on him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I was left by the one I loved and I left the one who didn't love me."

It's time I understand that I deserve no one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiiii, guys!! Holy it's been a while. How are you guys?! Stay safe you guys please. Wash your hands, eat and fuel your body bby, drink water (HYDRATION IS KEY!!!) wear your masks on correctly please. Mask OVER nose AND mouth. Not one or the other. I love you all I hope you enjoyed this chapter it took me a while to put together and is still not that good. Enjoy! Until the next chapter. Xoxo, Zoey! <3