• F i v e •

Alex's P.O.V

I laid with my mom for a while when I got up and decided to make dinner.

I grabbed the colored pasta box, cheddar cheese from the refrigerator, and I got some chicken breast from the refrigerator. I cut up the chicken in tiny pieces to how much I thought was enough and threw it into the pan where the pasta was already placed.

I cooked it for around 15-25 minutes, when I took it out and grabbed 3 plates placing a good amount for each of us.

"Mom! Dad!" I shouted, letting them know it's time for dinner.

I went and poured us all orange juice and sat down on the chair.

"Honey,  you made this?" When I nodded, she continued.

"This is beautiful."

She came to my side, kissed my cheek and sat next to my dad.

We ate dinner, peacefully. We talked about college, family, friends, Sophie, all of it.

"Honey, I'm going to lie down for a bit. You can leave the table, go work on your college things." My mom said as she went to the couch and took a nap.

"I got you, buddy. Wanna clean or dish?" Dad asked me. Hilarious. I've always been a dishing fan.

I rolled my eyes at him, "Dish."

He laughed, "Yeah, yeah. Making me do the hard work."

I laughed with him, "Mhmm. Sure."

After a while, I had the need to ask him something important. 

"Dad," He looked at me, questioningly.

"How did you cope after falling into depression?" 

He sighed, "Alex, please, don't go and do more drugs-" Shocked, I was about to ask him, when he continued.

="I smelled it on you when I picked you up from Sophie's  I know that when you go through pain like this it isn't easy. But please for the love of all of us, don't do more drugs, It'll kill you, now, I won't tell Nads that you did it, because you better promise me you'll never do it again. I don't give a damn that all other teenagers do drug, or get high or anything. Your mother and I raised you a specific way to know how to deal with things, drugs is never the answer. So, now, anytime you need help coping with the anger, the sadness, the pain, the loneliness, please talk to me. I swear we have more things in common than you think, son. You even have Sophie, don't deny that, she loves you more than you know. Now, as I said I won't tell Nads because with everything going on she doesn't need this also." Dad finished his long speech, and came up to me and hugged me. 

"You're a good kid Alex. Don't make stupid decisions thinking it'll help you. Your mother has a very past, son. When she's ready she might tell you. But, the reason she has a bad past is due to alcohol." 

*******************************

It's been a hectic day. I had just finished up with my college applications. I know you might think, why re you doing it so late? Like, aren't you supposed to do it during Senior Year, yes, I was. But, due to my parents' financial problems, I had an extension.