Moving

RILEY
Now that Jack and I were officially married, we wanted to start a new life. We had now been married for 3 months. Jack luckily found a house outside of town that was now ours, not rented. It was quite a new property which was nice for us.

"Jack...now that we have a new house that we are moving into tomorrow, and we have a beautiful 3 year old daughter...how would you feel about having another kid now?" I asked, sitting on our bed watching as Jack took his shirt off.

"I want to wait until we've settled into our new house first." Jack admitted, giving me a kiss. I smiled. I had always wanted kids...and now that I have a little girl of my own, I wanted to expand my family, maybe trying to have a boy. I walked downstairs to the kitchen, grabbing a strawberry breath mint, before walking back upstairs. Jack loved strawberry flavoured things.

"I love you honey." I said, kissing him. He must have tasted the strawberry because we were now on my bed, his hips between my legs as we kissed. Within minutes, we were fully undressed.
———
Hours later, after going at it, I was laying on the bed, watching as Jack put his pants back on. I passed him his shirt, as Adrian walked into the room, holding one of her favourite soft toys.

"Put that back in the box. You can have it back when we get there..." I said, guiding her to the pile of boxes that covered the lounge-room floor. Adrian started to cry, making me sad.

"Shhhh...okay, okay. Choose one toy to bring with you on the trip." I said, opening her box of toys. She grabbed 3 barbie dolls, hugging them tight as Jack hugged me from behind.

"Ready to go?" He asked, grabbing the first box. I smiled, picking up the closest box to me. We slowly but surely packed all the boxes (10) into mine and his car before I got Adrian all set up.

"I just need to go to the bathroom real quick." I said, running back inside. Vomiting in the toilet, I grabbed a test before stuffing it in my back pocket, running back outside. I smiled as Jack and I pulled out of the driveway, saying goodbye to our childhood houses. Taking a 35 minute drive to a new house currently was something Adrian wasn't happy about, but in time, we arrived, seeing our new house in all its large glory. Getting out of the car, Adrian unbuckled herself, letting me get her out of the car-seat. Jack walked up to me, kissing my cheek as we looked at the house. Jack unlocked the front door as we put boxes in the new living room. Adrian explored the house, getting extremely excited when she walked into the room that had her name on the door, on a piece of paper. I opened the door, seeing what Thomas and Jack had been building. It was a treehouse bed.

In the far corner of the room, on the left side of the window, a treehouse-like structure that was suspended in mid air, connected to the corner wall. Underneath it, sat a rug that had yet to be used. On the left corner closest to me, rested a staircase that lead to a bridge, which was connected to the structure. Underneath the bridge was a bed. Adrian climbed the 3 steps to the bridge, slowly crawling across it to the structure.

(For reference, here's the inspiration for the bedroom- What remains of Edith Finch game):

Adrian reached the structure, clapping and laughing when she saw the bookshelf that Jack had installed

"You did all this?" I asked, smiling.

"I wanted Adrian to have somewhere she can explore. There are more secrets in this house...I can promise you that. Thomas and I have been adding special pieces to the house, to suit our quirky little family." Jack said, wrapping his hands around my waist as he slowly kissed my neck. I giggled, letting Adrian explore her room.

I walked across the hallway, opening the door that was clearly labeled R+J Room. I opened it to reveal a bedroom I had wanted for years. It was a large bed, with a 3 step staircase leading up to it.

"Go on." He said, referring to the space under the bed. I bent down, crawling though the small pathway that lead to a little cave. In the space was a small bookshelf with reading books for me and a bunch of pillows. I crawled back out, giving my husband a massive hug as he kissed me.

Our room had everything we ever wanted. I stepped up to the empty bed space, laying down on the carpet-like space. He came up with me, kissing down my neck as he smiled. I giggled, having not felt this happy since before Adrian was born, when Jack and I were dating for the first time.

"Lets get unpacked." I said, getting up. We slowly unpacked boxes upon boxes of stuff, taking breaks as Adrian 'reads' a book from her new bookshelf. We truly were starting a new life together.

As dinner time arrived, we had unpacked 95% of the boxes, only having half of one left. I couldn't believe my entire childhood was now in a new house, surrounded by my husband and my daughter.