Reunited

GENERAL
After being away from Jack for quite some time, Riley became quite happy being with her baby, mother and brother.

"Jack should be here in 2 hours. I'll leave once he parks and I'll come back when he's gone." She said, going over the plan. Riley still hadn't talked to Jack, not wanting to break down in front of Adrian.

RILEY
I sat on the couch, holding Adrian as My Little Pony played on the tv. Adrian loved the show, quite often crawling around the house making horse noises. Adrian has begun to learn how to walk, seeing as she's 1 year and 6 months old. He was due to arrive soon and I wasn't prepared. I got up, hoping that my mom would watch Adrian while I dealt with some things upstairs.

Making my way to my room, I grabbed Adrian's bag, filling it with things she may have needed. Even though both my mom and I hated the idea, Jack was taking Adrian out for a picnic with his mom. His dad would never have agreed with it. I hated being away from Adrian or her leaving the house, but this also gave me time to hang out with Casey, seeing as she's been always occupied making out with my brother. I walked downstairs with the bag, watching as Adrian stood up and took a few steps towards the tv. Her eyes glued to the ponies on the screen, she giggled, clapping. I wish Jack could have been here to see this. Luckily I recorded it. I sent it to Jack, not having texted him ever since the night he left without hesitating.

Me: Thought you might have wanted to see this.

I sent the video through as well as a picture of Adrian clapping. Jack replied immediately after.

Jack: Aww she's so adorable. While we're texting...can we quickly talk?

Read at 12:37pm

I put my phone down, focusing on Adrian as she said her words.

"M-M-M-Mama..." Adrian attempted, 3 times before getting it right.

"Hey baby girl. Your right. Mama's here..." I said, picking her up as she smiled. I turned around at the sound of my mother grabbing a cup out of the cupboard.

"Can you make me one too please!" I asked, sweetly making a pouty face at her. She gave in, never being able to resist it, even after all the years I've pulled it. I walked over to the stairs, hearing my noisy brother shutting his door.

"Shirt!" I heard Casey yell. Of course Thomas of all people forgets to put on a shirt before walking around the house.

"Afternoon little sis. Afternoon little Adrian." He said, smiling before giving Adrian a kiss on the forehead. I smiled, lightly punching him on the shoulder as he walked past.

"Don't forget you have to take-" I was cut off by the sound of Adrian.

"D-D-D-Dada" Adrian spoke, once again getting it on the fourth try. She attempted to reach for someone and I was anxious because I knew who it was. I turned around, seeing non other than Jack in his douchebag glory.

"That's right. Dada's here." Jack spoke, lifting Adrian out of my arms.

"Riley..." He said, letting Adrian play with his hair.

"I-I gotta-" I attempted to leave but Jack stopped me.

"-Riley...please...don't leave. We need to talk." Jack spoke, smiling slightly.

"Thomas...can you take Adrian out of the room please?" I asked, my heart racing.
———
After spending almost 4 hours talking, it was like we never missed a beat.

"It was great seeing you again." Jack said, smiling. He placed his hand on mine, intertwining his fingers with mine. I felt a tingle in my hand as I felt a sudden dizziness. "Riley?" Jack asked as I slowly closed my eyes.

GENERAL
Jack was worried so he called out to her mom before calling 911. Riley was rushed to the hospital, having possibly passed out.