The party

RILEY
I hadn't studied in 24 hours. I had just finished my last exam earlier today. Damn it felt so good to be finished.

"Any plans for tonight?" My brother Thomas walked into my room, leaning against my wall as he looked between my laptop and my face.

"Well...no. Not really..." I spoke, sighing. I knew that if I had said yes, he would immediately given me the no parties and no boys talk. "Well...you could always come with me and mom to the movies?" Thomas proposed.

"Nah. I might just stay home tonight." I spoke, getting back to the movie currently on my screen. I watched as Thomas moved from his position to walking out of my bedroom.

Thomas is my older brother. He's 18 and finishing up his last year of school. He's very overprotective, but he has a good reason for it.

When I was 6, my dad left for a 'business trip' and never came back. My mom later found out that he had a mistress over in LA and they were planning to get married when he left. Ever since, Thomas had been shielding me from the world of parties and boys telling me that I should keep my heart and love for the right boy...but not for many, many years. As I watched my movie, my phone buzzed. It was my best friend Casey.

Casey: Hey Rileyyyyy

Riley: Hey Casey...whats up?

Casey: So...there's a party tonight...

Riley: Casey no! You know what my brother would do if he found out I went to a party!

Casey is my best friend of 2 years. We met when we were 15. She knows how strict my brother is and how he wants to protect me.

Casey: Please! Your brother will never know!

Riley: My brother and mom are out for tonight. I want to be here when they get home.

Casey: I know they are going out. I gave your mom the tickets. I knew that she'd drag your brother along with her!

Riley: You planned for my mom and brother to be out?!

Casey: Yep! And you're coming to this party with me! I will never bug you about going to another party ever again!

Riley: Fine!

I knew this was a bad idea, but I didn't have any work or assignments due and it would only be a one time thing, so I gave in.

Casey: Yay! I'll be over at 6pm.

Casey hung up, leaving me extremely nervous. I only had 1 hour until Casey was coming to help me get ready.
———
An hour had passed. Casey has just arrived and we were now in my bedroom, rummaging through my closet as I sat on my bed, groaning. "Why did I let you rope me into going?" I asked, wiping my forehead as I sighed.

"You have an amazing best friend." Casey admitted, smiling as she laid down some clothes. "No. I'm not wearing these!" I said, objecting to Casey's clothing choices. "Come on! It's only one night and you can throw them out after the party for all I care!" Casey spoke, chucking the clothes to me as I walked into the bathroom.

I walked out 5 minutes later, wearing a red corset-like crop top and blue ripped jeans. My shoes were sparkly gold heels. "I seriously can't believe you. I look like a hooker!" I said, looking down at my clothes. "C'mon Riley!" Casey spoke, dragging me back into my bathroom so she could do my makeup. Within minutes, I walked out, my face covered with makeup that made me look even more like a hooker. I had never really worn heels before but within a few minutes, I had gotten used to it. Casey handed one of her two purses to me and let me take it. I walked downstairs into the kitchen and waited for Casey. I saw my mom had left $35 under the flowerpot sitting next to the window. I saw the note.

Left you $35 under the flowerpot. Buy and eat whatever you want. Love you baby.

-Mom

I took the money and placed it in my purse. I put my phone in the purse as well, watching as Casey walked down the stairs. I grabbed my brothers car keys and got into my brothers car, followed by Casey. I had left the back door open. As we drove, I began to regret going, but, I was doing it for Casey.

We eventually get to the party, music pumping, people making out outside, lights flashing in nearly every room, the smell of alcohol wafting into my nose. I began to gag, but I got over it. Casey and I started to walk up to the front door. I could feel the breeze on my exposed shoulders and chest. We walked up to the porch, the smell of alcohol getting worse. I was definitely gonna puke sometime through the night. As Casey knocked, we waited. All of a sudden Kye Davis opened the door, clearly drunk.

"CASEY GARCIA IN THE HOUSE!" Obviously Casey has been to many of Kye Davis' parties before. I stepped inside and I realised that this night will not end well.

Forever changedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara