The troubles of school

RILEY
Now that I was 5 weeks along and my baby was starting to develop, I was beginning to experience more and more morning sickness, even though it only occurred during school hours. Not only would I be vomiting in nearly all of my classes, but I would have to deal with students and teachers wondering what was wrong with me...especially Tash. As the bell for 5th period rang, I got up, luckily not needing to vomit. I walked out of the classroom, but was quickly stopped when Tash stood in the pathway, blocking my path.

"You seem to be cozying up to Jack...but let me warn you. He's mine. He always has and always will be mine. Don't go after someone you'll never have...or else." Tash said before turning around, whipping me with her hair. I'm assuming that she had noticed me and Jack catching rides together and walking into school together. Tash and Jack dated once a year and a half ago, but Tash left him for a college dude who eventually dumped her because he was 'too popular'. She then went back after Jack, but he rejected her.

"Are you ok Riley?" Casey asked me as she walked besides me.

"Yeah, it's just Tash dishing out her regular threats..." I said, having dealt with this problem for about 2 years now.

"Well...I think that you should tell Jack. If she does anything to you...it could spell trouble." Casey said, hinting at my baby.

"I agree. I'll tell him after school." I said, walking off to my next class.
———
The rest of the day went by smoothly. Tash would give me dirty looks, but eventually, the last bell went. I met up with Jack.

"Hey babe..." Jack said not to loud. I kissed his cheek, getting in my car.

"There's something I need to tell you..." I said, facing the front.

"Oh no..." He said. He sounded worried.

"It's Tash." I spoke, starting the car. I could see Jack's face go from calm to angry.

"She's threatening me." I said, admitting what happened.

"Is she threatening the baby?!" Jack said, extremely worried.

"No! No! She doesn't even know about it! No-one does. Apart from the fact that everyone is continuously asking if I'm ok because of the vomiting, no-one knows that I'm pregnant. She's just trying to scare me away from you..." I said, keeping my eyes on the road. Jack looked at me confused.

"What did she say exactly?" Jack asked.

"You seem to be cozying up to Jack...but let me warn you. He's mine. He always has and always will be mine. Don't go after someone you'll never have...or else." I said, repeating her exact words since they hadn't yet been erased from my mind.

"That's not good..." Jack said as I pulled up to the house.

"Well...I kinda have a plan..." I said, getting out, followed by Jack. I held his hand as we walked though the front door.

"Oh, by the way, I have a shift tomorrow." I spoke, remembering. Jack smiled, happy that I was helping him earn money. We walked upstairs, Jack shutting the door behind me.

"So...what's the plan?" Jack asked as we sat our bags down and climbed onto the bed.

"Well...with my moms permission of course, I could ask Ms. Bishop if I would be allowed to be homeschooled, granted that I tell her my situation...I mean it shouldn't be that hard since I am one of her favourite students..." I spoke, explaining my plan.

"What about me? I mean...I need to make sure your ok if this is all green lit..." Jack said, immediately following my statement.

"Well, you, Casey, Thomas and my mom can take turns caring for me. For example, on a Monday from 11:30 till 12:30, Casey would be here homeschooling with me then from 12:30 till 1:30 you'd be here homeschooling with me." I said, showing him a schedule I had created.

"Oh! Ok." Jack said, agreeing with me. We walked downstairs and talked to my mom. She agreed with my plan. After a few hours of just hanging out, Jack and I went to bed, nervous for tomorrow.
———
Jack and I were planning on asking Ms. Bishop if we were allowed to go along with our plan. The school day went pretty well, with Jack, Casey and Thomas keeping an eye out for me in regards to Tash. Eventually, it was time for us to go and talk to the principal.

"Hi, Ms. Bishop." I spoke as Casey, Thomas, Jack and I walked into her office.

"Hello Miss Harper, Mr Harper, Miss Douglas, and Mr. Miller." Ms. Bishop spoke as she looked at all of us. For the next 5 minutes, I explained my situation to Ms. Bishop.

"So just to be clear...you want me to allow you, Miss Harper, to be homeschooled when you reach 7 months pregnant?" Ms. Bishop asked. I smiled, hoping she would say yes.

"In addition that you allow Casey, Thomas and Jack to also be homeschooled at anytime throughout the day...for my care. I would email my teachers every lesson to be informed about any work. Besides, I will only need to be homeschooled when I can no longer hide my baby bump, to not cause any trouble." I spoke. I handed Ms. Bishop the schedule I had created last night, so she could get a clear idea. Ms. Bishop studied the schedule, making faces that made it difficult to tell what she was thinking. After a 2 minute silence, she spoke.

"Well, you have thought of everything haven't you Miss Harper?" Ms. Bishop spoke in a supporting tone. I nodded.

"As long as your grades don't slip, I won't interfere. I'll let all your teachers know asap so they can be prepared." Ms. Bishop informed us trying to be supportive. We all thanked her before walking out of her office.

"We better go tell my mom." I spoke as Jack, Casey, Thomas and I got into my car. I drove home, barely being able to keep my excitement to myself. As soon as we got inside, I smiled.

"Mom..." I said, looking around the kitchen. My mom appeared, hugging me.

I held Jack's hand as Thomas and Casey stood behind us. "So?" My mom asked, impatiently.

"We asked Ms. Bishop and she said yes." I said, giving my mom a hug. For the next 30 minutes, we talked about the future and homeschooling for me. I rubbed my stomach, feeling happy.

Nothing could go wrong.