[7] Positive

~*~*~*~*~*~Cory's POV~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter Seven

 .

 .

 .

 .

 .

 .

 .

 .

 .

.

"Cory, don't leave me," she pleaded softly.

            "I'm sorry," I said.

I turned and walked away from her.

Leaning against the wall I sighed.  "I don't know what to do," I told Tristan. 

When I had arrived at school that day the first thing I told Tristan was that Lily is pregnant.

"You have to tell your mum," he said.

"But Tristan, she didn't even want me to know.  She doesn't want me having anything to do with it.  She pretty much told me to piss off.  Why should I tell my mum?"

"I doubt it.  Lily seems like a sweet girl, she wouldn't use such harsh language."

I glared at him.

Tristan sighed.  "What do you want me to tell you Cory?  You want me to say, yeah, you're right.  You should just leave her alone, and she's a bitch for it?  Is that what you want me to say?"

Shrugging I looked down at my shoes.

"Because I'd be lying.  The truth is... Cory, you have to stop playing these games and be there for Lily!  You may not be ready but do you really think it's easy for her to go through this on her own?"

I stared at him in disbelief.  He wasn't taking my side.

"Sure it's crap that she didn't tell you but she has reason not to.  You're a player Cory, why would she think you'd want to settle down and look after a child?"

"She could have at least had the decency to tell me!"

"What was she going to say, Cory?  Guess what, I'm pregnant, you're the father and you don't have to have anything to do with it?"

"I thought you were my friend."

He placed a hand on my shoulder.  "I am your friend Cory.  And as your friend I'm trying to be here for you.  Don't exclude her from your life.  I'm not telling you to love her or to settle down with her... Just... it's your child too.  Pay some contribution to it."

Biting my lip I said, "I'll have to think about it."

He half smiled. "Good."

I sat down on the bench.  "How did this happen?" I asked, resting my head on my hand.

"These things happen, man.  Be thankful it's not aids or something."

"Yeah, you're right."

I looked up into a familiar pair of grey eyes across the hallway.

A deep red blush spread across Lily's face and I scowled.  "Tristan, it's going to take me a while to become nicer to her."

Tristan sighed.  "Yeah, okay.  Just as long as you make a progress."