[4] Positive

~*~*~Lily's POV~*~*~

Chapter 4

I stood in the school bathroom washing my face with water. Could I really do this; Have a baby at 16? It made me feel physically sick just thinking about it, maybe that was just the whole pregnancy thing. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and I could see how puffy my eyes were from the uncontrollable tears I had been crying for the last 4 days. I tried to be strong, I really did but the thought of this whole thing just made it harder until I couldn't bear it anymore. When I was around Casey I did my best to keep calm because honestly I didn't want her to worry about me too much. Being pregnant was already enough, and she has already done so much for me. My mind thought back to the moment I saw the positive sign on the test and how my heart dropped. Words just can't explain how it felt to lose so much in just one day. What's worse is that I haven't been able to sleep, eat properly or even think straight since that day.

I splashed some more water on my face and used my shirt to dry it away. Using all of my will, I forced a fake smile on my sad face and walked out and headed to class.

How I made it through the last few days amazed me. I had never been a great actor but I seemed to fool people into believing I was normal (With the exception of Casey). Yet I wasn't. Could I even consider being pregnant normal?

My mind continued to wander off as I walked to my locker to retrieve my books for my first class. I grabbed them quickly and hurried off, moving past the crowd of teenagers. I walked through the halls until I came to an abrupt stop. Across the other side of the hall was a smiling Cory. My breath caught and I was stuck in some sort of trance. Should I tell him? Just at that moment Cory made eye contact with me. I broke it immediately and rushed off in some random direction.

I took the long way to class and made it there just before the bell rang. I walked to the back of the room and dropped into an empty seat, getting out my book for maths and a pen. The classroom continued to fill up and in walked in Casey walking over to me taking a seat beside me. She fiddled with her side fringe and studied my facial expression. I faked looking confused but Casey didn't buy it.

"How are you?" she asked genuinely concerned.

I shrugged my shoulders and replied, "Been better."

She grimaced and stared at me waiting for me to talk to her. I hesitated for a moment and sighed.

"Casey, what do you expect me to say? Everything is fantastic? Because you know that's a complete load of bullshit."

 "I know it's hard especially since your preg―" she begun but was cut off by my shushing.

"Don't say it out loud," I whispered to her.

She sighed and quietly said, "Lily, you have to face the fact you are pregnant. You need to decide what you are going to do."

"What do you mean?" I asked her confused.

"Lily, have you even decided if you want the baby?"

To be completely honest, I hadn't even considered that yet. For the last couple of days I have been trying to get over the fact that I am indeed pregnant, and I can't take it back.