[34] Positive

~*~*~*~*~Lily's POV~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 34

I just couldn't find it in myself to be comfortable here. Everything felt wrong, and it wasn't the house, it wasn't Jojo who had gone out of her way to try and spend time with me. It was the constant guilt I felt because of Cory. His rules obviously told me that I was a hassle, I could only imagine how much he hates me. I am pregnant with a baby he didn't want, I lied about having sex with Jake for what reason; my mind still had no idea and me being here is probably going to ruin any of our civil relationship we have had.

Jojo had put on Angus Thongs and Perfect Snogging, the only girly movie that they owned. She was trying really hard to make me fit in which I really did admire.

I heard Jojo's stomach grow, rather loudly for a girl that small.

"I need food... I am going to go harass my brother," she said with a smile before getting up.

How she found humour in everything was amazing.

I saw her walk upstairs probably towards Cory's room... It only really just occurred to me right then that I had already spent a night in this house. That I knew where his bedroom was, I have slept in his bed. That everything that now made our lived so complicated happened that night; the night I had sex with Cory.

***

"Casey I don't think I should do this," I told her, now getting worried as we approached his house.

She sighed, "Lily, this was your idea. You wanted so badly to get out and do something for yourself. Just do it, no regrets."

She was right, like always. I had been aching to do something so unlike me, to be able to experience this properly without that constant guilt feeling.

"Plus... Cory is here," Casey added with a suggestive smile.

I giggled, "That is something exciting about tonight."

She stared at me for awhile before I interrupted her, "What on earth are you looking at me like that?"

Casey was taken aback, "Oh, sorry. It's just you have liked Cory for how long? Yet you still haven't really spoken to him, or even took the chance and told him how you felt."

"This is Cory we are talking about. I don't think the non-existent nerd girl is his type. Plus he doesn't know me, I can't just go up to him and be all, 'Hey I like you and all' that just isn't right," I told Casey with a sigh.

"Okay, tonight talk to him. Just go for it Lily. You have liked him for far too long to just settle for what you have got."

"But, he's just so... popular."

"...and? If you want him, try. There are only two solutions that can happen, he could say yes, or no."

I looked at her and smiled before realising we were at the front of his house.

"Come on, let's get this show on the road," Casey said as she dragged me inside.

Time had passed, and Casey had gone someone. I didn't know anyone that would be counted as a 'friend' and the music was far too loud for conversation. I decided to go sit down, it's the best I could do.

I walked out of the lounge room and into what looked like a kitchen, but it was severely trashed. There weren't many people in here. There were a few at the table playing some card game, and there were others passed out near the floor. I took a seat at one of the barstools and took in my surroundings.