[13] Positive

~*~*~*~*~*~Cory's POV~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter Thirteen

"You know what my problem is Cory? My problem is that you got me pregnant!"

I stared at her blankly.  She did not just say that!

I stood up, grabbing her arm and pulled her outside of the cafeteria.  The anger bubbled up inside me, ready to burst out at her.

"I can't believe you!" I spat at her through clenched teeth.

"You can't believe me?  I can't believe you!" she retorted.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"I walked around today being looked at like I'm some mutant.  Because somehow everyone knows that you knocked me up!"

"Wait wait wait... Are you accusing me of telling everyone?"

"Well..."

"Lily, why the hell would I do that?  I've been trying to make sure people don't find out!"

"But..."

"I know it would make everything bad!  I know that it would make everything shit!  I know it makes it tough for you and me!  Why did you immediately point your finger at me?!"

"Because..." she whispered, "I thought you hated me."

I looked away from her eyes.  "You're unbelievable... After everything that happened this weekend you really think I'd hate..."  I shook my head in disbelief then a laugh escaped me.  "You're crazy Lily, you know that?  To think I liked you!"

I turned around and left her standing there.

"Cory Peterson, Lily Williams, please go to the principal's office," a voice said over the speaker.

I groaned and rose from my seat, glancing at my teacher. 

She rolled her eyes and nodded at the door.  "Go."

I walked over to the door and down the hall to the principal's office.

Lily was already sitting there, not looking up.

"Take a seat Cory," the principal directed.

I took the seat next to Lily and scooted away from her.

"Child," she muttered.

"Nerd," I replied.

"Ahem," the principal said.

"Sorry sir," we said.

He pursed his lips, glaring at us.  "You two caused quite a commotion today in my school.  I don't like big dramas."

"We're sorry sir, it won't happen again," I said.

"It better not!  And to make sure, I'm going to get to the bottom of this one.  Now what is the rumour going around?"

Neither of us spoke.

"Ah, yes... Lily Williams?"

"Yes?"

"I hear that you got drunk at a party a while ago and had sexual intercourse with Cory Peterson.  Now you're pregnant.  That's the main gist of it.  I've heard many other variations.  Some say you came on to him, some say he raped you but... Lily, you're a responsible girl, and I know if something like that happened you'd tell someone."

She nodded.

"But is it true?" he asked.

"Is what true, sir?"