[19] Positive

~*~*~*~*~Cory's POV~*~*~*~*~

Chapter Nineteen

I arrived at the school earlier that morning.  I made my way over to my locker and waited for Tristan.

            As I grabbed things out of my locker, I saw a familiar girl in the reflection of the mirror.

            Turning around I called down the hall, "Summer!"

            The girl turned around and smiled.  "Cory!"

            She ran over to me and gave me a hug. 

            "What are you doing here?" I asked her.

            "Transferred schools a few days ago.  It's my first day here."

            I grinned at her.  "That's awesome."

            "Yeah."

            We started to walk down the hall a bit, she told me how her dad had decided she needed to change schools, all the drama at her old school, and now how she ended up here.

            "So really?  Psychotic ex?" I asked her at the end.

            She sighed, "Yeah.  I had to break up with him, he was too clingy and... I needed a good shag.  But he just went overboard.  I really hate the 'whole we have to be in a relationship' crap.  Why can't there be more guys like you?"

            Why did that make me want to protest?  It couldn't possibly be because of Lily... could it?

            Shaking that thought away I said, "I don't know."

            I walked Summer to her first class then made my way to mine.

            "You're late," Courtney mouthed as I sat down next to her.

            "I know," I mouthed back.

            "Just because you're late Mister Peterson doesn't mean you need to disrubt the class," my English teacher Mister Morten said.

            "Yes sir, sorry," I replied.

            Focusing at the board and starting to scribble down the notes a note landed on my book.

            Summer's back... it said.

            I glanced over at Courtney and she nodded towards the note as if to say 'reply'.

            I scribbled back, I know.

            How do you know?

            I walked her to her first class.

            Cory... I'm concerned...

            About what?

            You and Lily were getting so close...

            And?

            ... You're not going to fall for Summer again are you?

            How could I reply to that?  I couldn't think of any way to reply.  Because truth is... I still did have feelings for Summer.  Feelings I could never erase.