[29] Positive

~*~*~*~*~*~ Cory's POV ~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter Twenty-nine

"Cory, get ready for school!" mum shouted up the stairs.

   "Coming!" I replied, still focused on my laptop.

   Five minutes later she was at my door saying, "Get out of bed―" but she stopped speaking when her eyes locked on me.  "Ah... Cory... are you ill?" she asked.

   I looked up from the laptop and shook my head.  "No, why?"

   "You're looking at... baby sites..."

   I nodded.  "I'm not going to be a terrible father like dad was."

   "But... I thought you and Lily were fighting?"

   "Just because she doesn't want me around doesn't mean I'm giving up on this baby.  I'm the baby's father, not Jake."

   Mum gave me a proud smile.  "I'm glad," she whispered, tears starting to swell in her eyes.

   "Mum, why are you crying?" I said in shock, closing my laptop and rushing over to her.

   "I never thought I'd see the day where you cared so much about something."

   I shook my head and grinned, "It's my child.  It's part of me.  Of course I'm going to care."

   She wrapped her arms around me and said, "I'm so proud of you Cory."

   I'm so proud of you Cory.  I've never heard her say that before... ever.

   In shock, I wrapped my arms around her, returning the hug.

   I'm so proud of you Cory.

   When I walked into the school I could feel the disappointed looks still of that fight a couple of days ago.

   I glanced down the hall at Tristan grabbing books out of his locker.  He looked up into my eyes, shook his head and walked away.

   I continued walking to my locker and saw Courtney walking with some of her friends.  She saw me looking then immediately looked away.

   Even some mates that passed me wanted nothing to do with me.

   I had no one left...

   Lily entered the school.  Everyone's gazes turned from me to her.  Well not really her, just her stomach.

   Lily was wearing a tight shirt today which clearly showed a baby bump.

   Her face went bright red as people started to stare.

   She walked past me and I opened my mouth to speak but she quickly walked away from me, not wanting anything to do with me.

   I leaned my head against my locker.  This sucks.

   "You have to sit next to me?" Jojo asked as I sat down in the spare seat next to her.

   I looked at my lap.  "You're all I have left," I mumbled.

   "Oh... I'm sorry Cory, you're welcome here."

   I looked up and smiled at her.  "Thanks sis."

   I glanced out the window and watched as Jake tugged Lily under a tree and sat down holding her hand.

   They stared at each other for a bit and then started to talk.