Chapter 12: Gone

"Where is she?!" Shouts Debito as he stormed through the room. His face was full of anger, his fists clenched tightly as he approached a blonde man. Two ladies, probably prostitutes, were clinging on either side of the him. They were in an inn near the harbor. The song of the seagulls muffled from the outside. It was nearly noon actually.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Asks the man innocently.

"You know what I'm talking about." Growls Debito, grabbing the blonde's collar making him stand up. The ladies that were with him gasp.

"Don't worry, ladies. I'll come back to you later." The blonde says, glancing a flirtatious look at the ladies. They flash seductive smiles at him.

"You said that Angelica won't and can't be safe with us," Debito says angrily when the blonde turns back to him, "You're right. So where IS she??" He continues, shaking the man.

"Huh?"

"Don't 'huh' me!" Roars Debito. Before he could continue his friends barge in with worried looks on their faces. Relieved to see their comrade, they rush towards him.

"Ronaldo!" Exclaims Felicita, seeing the blonde man, "Why are you here? Debito, what are you doing??"

"This man here knows where Angelica has went." Says Debito without taking his gaze from the man. Ronaldo looks at Felicita with pleaing eyes.

"Let go of him," she commands, "You can't just accuse him without proof!" She adds, sighing.

She understood why Debito was so upset. The previous night, after they had came down from the mountain, Felicita and the others were bringing the kids home since it was already late. Wanting to bring the kids home quickly, they had divided the kids among themselves by districts. When Felicita and the others found out that Angelica had disappeared, they immediately started asking the kids she had brought home if they had seen her. They all said no, only when she had dropped them off at their homes. Even the last kid she dropped off was surprised, saying that she brought him home safely. Even the parents were eyewitnesses. They were all surprised that she had disappeared.

"I do," says Debito, surprising his friends, "This morning when I was out looking for her, an old man near an alley close here was an eyewitness to the crime. Saying that he saw a bunch of men carry off a girl. The sky was clear last night and the moon was bright enough to show that the girl was clearly Angelica."

"But why Ronaldo? Why are you accusing Ronaldo's involvement?" Asked Liberta who stood beside her.

"Simple," says Nova who happened to be with Debito the whole time. The others turn to him, "I saw you with Angelica two days ago. She was dragging you be the wrist and telling you to stay away from Ronaldo, because he's dangerous. And also--" he pulls out a piece of paper from his pocket, "--I found this in the guest room where you," he looks at Ronaldo straight in the eye, "stayed."

Ronaldo stays calm when he sees the paper, realizing that he's been caught. The paper was a note to Ronaldo telling him that everything has already been layed out, and thanking him for the information he gave.

He sighs, "Alright. You got me. Yeah, she's been kidnapped." The crew stiffened. Immediately wondering what was going on with Angelica's life.

"Where is she?!" Demands Debito. The others demand as well. Asking where she was.

The man smirks, "Why do you care about that whore so much?" He asks in disbelief.

"You dare call her a whore!!" shouts Liberta.

"I'll personally pull out that filthy tongue of yours!" Felicita says, walking towards him. To their surprise Ronaldo starts laughing hysterically. Debito shook his collar and demands what was so funny.

"I can't believe it," he says, trying to stop laughing, "She actually didn't trust you enough to even tell you people about herself," his audience look at him with blank faces, "She's a whore!"

"You little--" Growls Debito, getting angrier and angrier by the minute.

"I'm serious. She's a whore. Literally," he pauses, "Ever thought why I know her? . . I met Angelica in a prostitution house that's about forty-five miles from here."

"Wai-what??" Stutters Liberta. Her mouth agape, Felicita uses her hands to cover her mouth. Her eyes wide in surprise.

The man snickers, "Of course she wouldn't tell you. She didn't want you to know that she actually slept with a man almost every single night. Ha! Bet you guys don't actually know that she eventually got pregnant and gave birth to a wee little baby."

"Enough with your lies, you lying snake!!" Shouts Debito. But even if he was filled with rage, there was sadness in his eyes. Pain swept over him. Felicita's eyes trembled, telling herself not to believe a single word he said. Even Liberta and Nova were speechless.

The man smirks, "She didn't want you of all people to know how filthy she was." He says.

"You're coming with us," Nova, grabbing hold of Ronaldo's arm and drags him away Debito, "And you better spill everything. The truth." He adds, glaring at the man.

"Sorry, ladies," Ronaldo calls out, "Maybe next time." He continues as he was apprehended and taken to the mansion.