Chapter 17: Rescue Part 2: Her Side

The men, filled with determination, refused to give up of putting out the raging fire. Beads of sweat rolled down their tired faces as they fought on. Their strong arms were becoming weaker by the minute. Their work seemed futile, but that still didn't stop them.

Debito continued to furiously tell himself that they're going to be alright. He wasn't alone. His companions were praying for their safety as well. Debito couldn't imagine living without ever seeing her smile again. She may have gone through so many things, even if she had had made many mistakes the man thought that it was unnecessary to think about her differently.

********

The raging flames roared at Felicita and her unit. Hope seemed to fade away before their very eyes as the redheaded girl saw dead men around her. Even Nova and Liberta were down. The girl fell on her knees and broke down at the sight. Tears poured down her slightly burned cheeks. Suddenly a gentle hand touched her shoulder and squeezed it. Felicita lifted her eyes and met the determined eyes of Angelica.

She stands up, "I've had enough of this! I won't tolerate anyone getting hurt because of me!" Angelica yells in anger as burning embers flew around her.

"Angelica. . "

Her eyes started to glow and a purple-colored aura manifested around her. Her hair started to flail wildly, her arms at her sides. She started to slowly wave her arm at the floor and immediately disks formed on the ground. Though she looked battered and bruised, Angelica showed no sign of pain, which sort of made Felicita worried. The woman started to chant, and her companion suddenly felt herself locked onto the disk underneath her. Felicita glanced around her surroundings, her eyes seeing disks form underneath the other men as well.

"Close your eyes." Angelica tells her conscious companion.

Felicita obeys her without question and an ear-ringing sound boomed through her eardrums. She suddenly felt herself lift from the ground. The fresh air breeze caressed her face, cooling her burns. After a few moments she hesitantly opened her eyes, and saw the surprised faces of the other Arcana Famiglia members. She glances at her sides and saw her unit in the air as well.

Not seeing Angelica, she glances behind her. There her eyes catch sight of her suspended in the air, placing the disks gently on the ground. After all were down, Angelica lowered herself towards them, but suddenly loses concentration and drops to the ground. Felicita felt a scream escape from her mouth as Pace leaped and caught the falling girl in time.

"Are you alright?" He asks, concern in his voice.

"Yes," she replies with a pained face, "But more importantly. . . Is everyone else alright?" She asks sternly.

Pace's eyes widen in surprise, "Angelica. . ."

"Answer me, Pace."

He slowly sets down the girl and sighs, "They're fine, but some have fatal injuries." He hesitantly replies. Felicita glances at the girl with a concerned look on her face. Her eyes saw the depression and guilt in her friend's. Unconsciously, she started to read Angelica's mind.

"This is all my fault," Thought Angelica, "This is why I shouldn't make friends."

"No, An! It's not your fault!" Felicita screamed in her head. Suddenly her eyes met Angelica's pained orbs, her eyes widen in surprise.

"I know you could hear me, Felicita. But let me tell you this:" Felicita's eyes widen even more, trembling, "I won't be troubling, you guys any longer." Angelica smiles as Pace places his arm sround her, making her turn her back on the girl.