Chapter 5: Mystery and Charm

The blade across his throat totally cut him of as he stared into the eyes of the newly announced member of the Arcana Famiglia. Her eyes glinted in the light as other members gasped in utter shock in the scene. Felicita's hands were about to grab Angelica's hand when she starts chuckling, then eventually turns to a laugh. Somehow the other members started laughing along with her, finding the scene funny. While some the others, including Felicita and of course Pace, looked at her in astonishment. 

"I'm so sorry," says Angelica putting away her dagger interrupting Felicita as she was about to demand what was going on, "Forgive me. I couldn't help myself. Hehe." she continues.

"Hah, so you're a joker type huh?" asks Liberta while smiling as the other members started dispersing and enjoying the rest of the night.

"I'm very sorry," apologizes Angelica again, "I just knew that you guys saw me as someone who wouldn't hold a grudge or as someone who forgets a fault right away. I really just couldn't help myself. I'm very sorry. Such thing wouldn't happen again."

This completely stunned Pace and Felicita and the rest of the group. That was what they were thinking that morning. It mystified them that she knew what they were thinking and caught them unaware. Making Angelica unpredictable.

"What's wrong?" says Angelica who noticed them being shocked, "Did I say something wrong?"

"No, you just surprised us."

"Ah. . . lucky guess I guess."

"But why would you assume such thing?" 

"To tell you the truth. . . perhaps it was not a guess--but how could you take it that I knew that what I did was the opposite of what you were expecting?" This silenced them as they were baffled. "Is it part of her power?" They thought. 

"You know this morning," says Debito starting on a new subject, "Some of the boys were fixing your window. What happened?" Felicita suddenly remembers the incident from the previous night. Not to mention that it was actually a warning.

*****Felicita's Flashback*****

"What does it say?" asks Felicita walking towards a serious Angelica. She saw that Angelica held the note tightly, distress in her eyes. Her hand takes the note from Angelica's hand and started reading it. 

"You may have escaped this time. But this isn't over. Better not think that you're safe from us just because you're with the Arcana Famiglia. You're just endangering them just like the gypsies." 

Felicita looked up and glanced at her friend. A frown was pasted on her face and she seemed quite pissed.

"Angelica?"

"I pray that nothing will happen to you people," replies Angelica, "I'll go change and tell Papa and Mama about this."

*****End of Flashback*****

"Oh, nothing I just slipped and accidentally  threw out something," replies Angelica, "Nothing to worry about." This comment surprised Felicita who realized that Angelica had decided to hide the truth from the others. She decides to pretend and say nothing for Angelica's sake who perhaps thought to not worry the others.

"I am truly sorry for embarrassing you earlier." Angelica apologizes, apparently guilty. Though Pace himself was, of course, guilty as well. But her sincerity lightened his heart's burden.

"Hehe, it's fine," he replies while scratching the back of his head, "We all had a good laugh didn't we?" The rest agreed on this. Angelica sighs in relief and flashes a smile. Pace continues, blushing, "Well, this means that I'll have to be careful with whatever I'm doing, huh?