Met In The Forest [1]

Warning // Small drug and alcohol mention

Prompt: Bad's family is a gang, and he meets Skeppy in the forest while escaping from his family.

1350+ words

Idk if this is considered angst- it's sad but it comes with a positive side to it

---

Glass shattered, Bad stayed next to the tree near where his Dad and his friends were talking. He sighed and looked at his phone. "Bad! C'mere my boy," his dad said to him. He rolled his eyes and continued to scroll through his phone. "Aww don't do that to me, kiddo," he walked over and ruffled Bad's hair, "Come on! Have some fun for once," his dad grabbed his phone and threw it in the forest behind them. "Dad-" he stopped and let his dad drag him into the crowd. It smelled disgusting. His friends cheered and continued drinking and talking, Bad waited for his dad to look away so he could go get his phone back, and then he shot towards the forest where his phone was thrown. He looked at the sky and saw the clouds darken. He ignored it and continued running.

"Where the muffin is this thing," he mumbled and he walked through the trees. Before he realized it he was deep into the forest. He was lost, but he continued looking. "How far did he throw it..."

Crack

He looked down but he didn't step on anything, "ah- w-whos there?" He picked up a stick, "i-im armed! You better beware! I'm in a gang!"

"You know, you don't look like you're in one," a voice said. "Wh-" "what are you even doing here?"

"I'm looking for my phone," Bad responded, "my dad threw it out here," "ah so that's who that was," the voice said to him. "You were spying on me?" "Yep!"

Bad stepped back, "w-who even is this? Reveal yourself!" He felt something heavy on his shoulder, "boo!" The voice said. He looked behind him and saw a boy around his age smiling. He had a blue sweater and sweatpants. His hair was messy, as if he was out here for days. Bad stepped forward and held the stick out as if it were a bat. "Woah! Calm down, I'm not gonna hurt you," the boy said to him. "Why should I trust you?" He responded.

The boy leaned against a tree, "you just don't trust anyone can you," bad dropped the stick, "Okay, okay fine." "Good, now what were you looking for?" "My phone,"

Bad walked towards him, "are you gonna steal it?" "No! Just trust me, I'll help you," bad stopped in front of him, there noses almost touching. "Okay, you can help me, what's your name, random boy I found in the forest," he stepped back. "Skeppy!" "Skeppy?" "Yeah!"

"That's an unusual name, is it a nickname?" "Nope," Skeppy put his hands in his pockets and started walking around trying to find the phone. "How big is this phone thing?" Bad looked at him with a questionable look, "you... Don't know what a phone is?" "Nope! But I do know what a rat is! I met one before, his name was Danny," he responded. "How did you get here in the first place?" "Oh I've lived here my whole life. My grandma lives with me in a cabin not so far away,"

"Have you ever been in town?" "Nope, this is my first time adventuring out. My grandma would probably be mad but I don't care," the boy rambled.

"Uhm," Bad cut in, "What's wrong?" "Can I stay with you?" Skeppy blinked his eyes to the question, "huh? I don't understand," "like, live with you, if you don't mind. You seem real lonely out here. And I'd love to escape from my dad sometime," "what about your mom?"

Bad stayed quiet, "oh! I'm so sorry is that too personal?" "N-no it's okay, she's just sick right now," it got quiet.

"oh, I forgot, what's your name?" Skeppy asked him, "i- Uhm, I'm Bad," "and you said I had the unusual name," "oh my goodness, skeppy" he giggled.

They continued talking and looking for the phone. The sun was setting, "you sure he threw it out here?" Skeppy said to him, "yep, certain," just as he said that something hard cracked underneath his feet, he looked down and saw his cracked phone, "darn," skeppy looked over, "ooh! Is that the phone thing? What does it do! Show me!" Bad turned on the phone, it was on low battery but that didn't matter. It still worked, "Uhm, so, there's social media-" "social? Like talking to people?" "Well- yes, you can talk to people on there, there's also-" Bad stopped and felt something drop on his nose, he looked up. The clouds got dark and rain started to pour.

"Oh, it's raining." Skeppy said flipping the hood on his head. Bad shivered, he was wearing a t-shirt and pants. "Uhm, wanna come to my cabin Bad?" He looked to him and nodded. Skeppy smiled and grabbed his hand, "keep up!" He started running, Bad trailing behind him. "Skeppy-" thunder boomed in the sky, making him jump.

Three minutes passed, they were soaked now. "Skeppy... Stop running," he sat down. Skeppy looked behind him, Bad looked tired, "I can't run anymore, it's too cold," Skeppy thought for a moment before taking his sweater off. "Wha- what are you doing? You're gonna catch a cold!" "I don't mind, here take it," he threw the sweater to him, "Im used to being in this type of weather."

Bad put the sweater on, it was big on him, "t-thanks," he got up, still shivering but feeling a little warmer. "Okay! You ready to go again?" "Sure,"

---

They reached the cabin, Skeppy opened the door. "Grandma! I'm home!" An old woman came running out the kitchen, "Oh there you are!" She hugged him, they hugged for a second before she started pulling his ear, "WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU SCARED ME HALF TO DEATH! ITS SCARY OUT THERE YOU KNOW THAT?" She screamed before taking a deep breath and counting to five. "Anyways, who is this?" "U-uhm this is-" "you got a boyfriend? I never knew you'd meet someone out here!" His grandma walked past him and hugged Bad. "He looks so sweet! Care for some tea, sweetie? You look like a stray dog, here let me get you a towel,"

She walked towards the bathroom, "please make yourself at home!" She said before vanishing, "sorry, my grandma is a little- you know... Extra," Bad giggled, "it's okay," he sat on the couch and smiled. He took out his phone, luckily it was dry but he didn't bring a charger. He'd have to go back to get it. "So, how long are you planning to stay here?" "Oh Uhm, is a week okay?" "Only a week? You can stay longer," "your grandma doesn't mind?" "Nope! She's loves it when I bring friends over," he then looked down and frowned. "You okay?" "Yeah, just, nevermind!"

"Seriously, Skeppy are you okay?" "Yeah just, it's been a while since I had someone over. This is really exciting for me." Bad looked at him, "who did you have over?" "Her.. her name was Sirena. We were ten at that time. Just like how I met you we met eachother in the forest."

"She snuck out every night just so we can talk and play together. But eventually she stopped coming. She really helped me," Bad looked down, "i-im really sorry," "oh- don't worry about it. That was five years ago. I'm over it now, she just kinda made who I am today," they stayed quiet.

"I'm back! Here's your towel, and let me go get the tea started!" His grandma came out and said. "T-thanks miss," "What's your name, my boy?" "Bad," "it's a pleasure meeting you Bad, so how long have you've been dating my grandson?" Bad looked at Skeppy, "grandma, we aren't dating." She stopped, "oh my goodness! Really? I'm so sorry if I made it awkrard between you two," Skeppy laughed, "it's okay, I don't mind,"

She handed Bad a cup of tea and sat down on the couch, "I have a bunch of board games, you wanna play?"

---

I like writing this story I'll add a part two later B)