Chapter 6

JJ POV

When I open my eyes sitting beside me is my whole team. They all smile down at me and Garcia is holding my clammy hand. "Finally, your awake" she says. I smile back and then I notice Spencer. He was standing at the back playing with his fingers. Everyone must have noticed me staring because Rossi spoke up "Maybe we should leave you too alone" He smiled then walked out of the small hospital room followed by everyone else. Now it was just Spencer and I alone in that room. He came and sat in the chair beside my bed and put his hand over mine. "Spence?" He didn't look me in the eye. "When I showed up at your house you were on the floor and Will was hitting you, I was so scared for you" He sounded like he was going to start crying but he didn't. "Thank you, for coming. If you weren't there I probably would be dead right now" I lightly squeeze his hand. He started to smile and looked up at me "I'm so sorry JJ, I should have done more, I wish I could of...." I cut him off before he can say another word. "Spencer, it's not your fault at all, there was nothing you could of done to prevent it" "But there is, if I had not let you go home by yourself you wouldn't be in the hospital right now!" "And Will wouldn't be in jail" I made a good point. "Thank you" I said in a soft voice. He stared at me with his beautiful eyes. He makes me feel safe, just being around him makes me happy. "When you get out of here would you please come stay with me?" I nod in agreement "Of course" Spencer stays with me for a few more hours until the doctor lets me out.

We walk into Spencer's apartment. I wasn't surprised to see books piled up everywhere. Other than that his house was clean and neat, not a thing out of place. I set my stuff down in corner at the other end of the room and stand there uncomfortably. "You hungry?" "A little, I didn't eat much at the hospital" He smiled and laughed to himself. "Anything in particular you want?" "No, I'm not to picky" Spencer looks down at his watch "Well it's 5:30 so you wanna order in some pizza?" "Sounds good" It was kind of awkward. I was so thankful that Spencer let me stay with him for now, I don't know if I would be able to stay in that house, sleep in that bed that we shared at one point. When the pizza arrived we sat down at the table and ate. I don't usually eat with him so this was nice. "Having trouble there?" Spencer was trying to eat the slice but every time he went to take a bite the cheese fell right off. "No I think I got it" He finally managed to solve his cheese dilemma.

"So I will sleep on the couch and you take the bed" "Spence, I am not taking your bed this is your house" "Exactly and your the guest and I will not make the guest sleep on the couch" He was such a gentleman. I decided it was no use arguing with him over this. "Don't worry you will have your bed back soon, I'll try and be out of here as soon as possible" Spencer looked up from making the bed on the tiny couch "Oh don't worry about it. I actually quite enjoy your company" His comment made me blush. I walked into the bedroom an locked the door "Just a moment Spencer I'm going to get changed" "Okay" he called from behind the door. I slipped off my cloths from today and put on comfortable pyjamas. I unlocked the door and walked out into the living room to help Spencer with his bed. "Are you sure, I can easily sleep on that couch" Spencer grabbed my shoulders and shook me in a friendly joking way. "I said I'm fine. Get it through that thick skull of yours" Spencer could always make me laugh no matter what mode I was in. "Fine, fine" "Now goodnight" He kissed me lightly on the forehead. I don't think it meant anything but I couldn't help but wonder. I smiled at him and walked off into his room. "Goodnight Spence" "Goodnight JJ" I saw Spencer curl up in his small bed and I closed the door.