Chapter 1

'By the way, Henry doesn't exist in this story'

Spencer POV

I ran home after a long day of work. I was exhausted, it was a busy day. JJ wasn't at work which was unusual for her. I tried her cell a few times but she didn't answer. I figure I should probably go check on her and make sure she is alright. I'm sure she is alright, I'm probably just being paranoid but I would rather be safe than sorry. I pull up to the front of her house. I had only been here a few times since her and Will got together a few years ago. I get out of my car. It's cold and damp out, I probably should have brought a sweater. I shake it off as walk up to the front door. Maybe she isn't awake, it's already 11 o'clock. I walk up to the front door and knock three times. I hear whispers from inside and quick movement of feet. Suddenly the door opens just a crack so she can peak her head through. "Hey JJ" "Oh hey Spence" She didn't sound like her usual self, she sounded sad and distant. "Umm I was just checking to see if you were alright, you didn't show up at work?" "Oh yeah I am fine, I just felt really sick this morning" "Well why didn't you call Hotch or me?" I heard a noise coming from inside the house and JJ checked and looked behind her. She seemed nervous when she did. I was worried about her. "Sorry Spence, my phone was dead, I got to go, see you at work tomorrow bye!" JJ quickly closed the door in my face. I stood on the steps stunned at what had just occurred. I was worried about her. I walked back to my car and the only thing that was on my mind was JJ, her rushing to get me to leave, the fact that she didn't make eye contact with me. What was going on and why wasn't she telling me? I can tell when people are keeping secrets from me and she was defiantly hiding something. The last thing I needed was for her to get hurt, or worse killed.