Chapter 23

JJ POV

I wake up to the sound of screaming. That noise is all to familiar in my ears. Spencer rolled over and groaned holding the pillow over his ear to block out the noise. It was just Rachel wanting her midnight snack. I slowly hung one leg over the side of the bed not wanting to leave my warm cave. I leap onto the cold floor and walk out to Rachel's room. She was crying in her crib waving her arms and legs fiercely. I pick her small cold body and feed her. I set her back down on her crib. I watch her as her large eyes slowly start to close, drifting off into sleep. I feel a hand on my should and I jump a little. Spencer didn't seem to notice. He wraps his entire arm over my shoulder and looks down at Rachel too. "Beautiful isn't she?" Spencer whispers trying not to wake her. I just nod my head. I rest my head on his shoulder as we stand there in the dark watching over the innocent sleeping child.

The light shined in and burned my eyes waking me from my dreamless sleep. I don't remember making it back to bed but apparently I did. I get out of bed and get dressed and brush my hair. I walk out to the kitchen to start making breakfast. Surprisingly Rachel was still sleeping so I moved very quietly. Spencer walked out wiping the sleep out of his eyes. He sat down at the table not quite sure what was real and what his head was making up. Suddenly I hear a knock on the door. Spencer jumps up from the chair with a nervous look on his face. "Quiet, I will see who it is" "Spencer it's..." He cut me off before I could continue. "Shh" Every time I tried to speak he interrupted me. I finally decided to let him be the manly man he wants to be while I continue cooking the eggs laughing to myself. Spencer puts his eye up to the door and looks back at me like I'm the idiot. "I tried to tell you" I said smiling down at the sizzling bacon. "Why are they here?" "I invited them silly" Spencer frowned at me and stormed into the bedroom. I walk up to the door and let Derek and Penelope in. Penelope opens her arms wide and hugs me tightly. She starts getting very hyper. "How are you, how are you feeling, how's the baby?" At the sound of her own voice she got excited. "The baby, can I see her?" I laughed, "Yeah of course" As if on cue Spencer walked out of the room doing up his last buttons. He hugged Derek and Penelope and started making conversation while I went and grabbed the baby. I hold her in my arms and Penelope's eyes go wide and she starts talking in her baby voice. "Aw, look at the baby, aren't you cute, yes you are, yes you are!" She takes her out of my hands and sits down on the couch rocking Rachel and making silly faces at her. "You two made a beautiful baby" Derek added. I wrapped my arm around Spencer's waist and leaned my body against his. Derek just smiled at us. I looked up and kissed Spencer on the cheek. I really did love him.

Sorry for such a short chapter but the next chapter is going to be a bit different. <3