Chapter 45

Spencer POV

"JJ!" I scream into the now quiet tunnel. I am so desperate to hear her voice. "JJ, answer me!" "Daddy, where is mommy?" I drop to my knees in a heap of tears. I clutch into my shirt and weep. "JJ?" I sob. I shouldn't do this in front of Rachel but I can't help it. I start to think of everything we have been through together, everywhere we were going to go, all gone. Taken away from us. "NO!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs. I start shaking. "This can't be happening, no, please don't let this be happening" She was the love of my life, my pride and joy, everything that made my internal clock tick. Rachel hugs me tightly and I hug her back. She sobs into my shoulder.

"Spencer?" I hear a voice. It's not JJ's, it's a man. It's not Will though. "Spencer, crawl back through the tunnel" I quickly conclude the voice is Morgans. I send Rachel through first, so she is in front of me. This time going through seems much shorter, maybe because we aren't running for our lives. I see a wave of light appear around Rachel's head. She crawls out and so do I. I see Morgan and Aaron but don't process any of it properly. I feel dizzy. I scan the crowd for JJ, even though I know she won't be there. "Spencer?" Aaron says in a comforting voice. "W-w-where is she?
Morgan rested his hand on my shoulder. "Who?" My breaths became heavy, uneven. "Her! Where is she!" I was angry, non of my thoughts were coming through properly. "Where the fuck is JJ?!" I yelled. I looked around the room and saw the dead body lying on the floor. I crumpled up in a little ball at Morgans feet. My life had no meaning anymore now that she was gone. Morgan seemed stunned by my sudden outburst. "Calm down man, she is fine" I stared him in the eyes, was this some kind of sick joke? "She is?" He nodded his head. I look again at the body and realized that it wasn't the body of JJ, but Will's. I got to my feet. I hugged Morgan out of excitement, I didn't know what else to do. "Wh..." "She is outside" I run past all of them and through the open door. I run out into the lawn where there are lights and ambulances and cars and people. It's overwhelming, but the only person I notice is JJ, sitting on the back of an ambulance with a blanket wrapped around her. I run up and hug her, catching her off guard. I kiss her like I have never kissed her before, like it was our first kiss. I can feel her trembling under my finger tips. "Oh Spencer" We rest our foreheads against each other, "It's okay, everything will be okay."

Aaron and Morgan walk out of the building with Rachel. I walk up to Aaron and grab Rachel's hand. "How did you find us?" Aaron coughed before answering, "When you and JJ didn't show up for work we assumed something was wrong so we had Garcia track your phones, which you had dropped somewhere in the house." I firmly shook his hand, "Thank you, for everything." "Anytime Spencer." I turned back to look at my family, my gorgeous wife, and my beautiful daughter. I am thankful to my family of the BAU for our lives.