Chapter 18

Spencer POV

Will stood there with a gun pointed at JJ's head. I have seen that gun one to many times. He looked scared like he wasn't expecting this to happen. We haven't seen or heard from him in nine months and now suddenly he decides to pop in and say hello? And now JJ's water just broke. JJ stood there holding her stomach looking up at me like I am supposed to know all the answers, well this time I don't, this time isn't in a textbook, you can't possibly learn what I am supposed to do now in any classroom. I have to set my massive brain aside and use my human instincts. "Will, JJ is about to go into labour, you need to let me take her to a hospital" Will just got more angry with every word that passed my lips. "Will please?" I was getting desperate. "Okay, just let me call an ambulance" "NO!" His word frightened me but I did my best to hide it. JJ looked more uncomfortable every second. "Fine but we need to at least lay her down" Will thought for a moment then agreed. He removed the gun from her temple and pointed it at me. I slowly made my way to JJ's side. I wrapped my arm around her waist and started making my way to the bedroom. "No out here" Will demanded. I was confused. "What?" "Did I stutter? You will keep her here" I nodded and helped her lye down on the floor. "Why are you doing this?" I crouched beside a very distressed JJ. "Because I am the one with the gun!" Spoken like a true coward. "Now just let me call an ambulance" "No, no police, no paramedics" I could feel what he was getting at. I looked down at JJ who was tightly squeezing my hand. "Spence, you are going to have to deliver our baby" Fear shot through me. "JJ, I can't" "Yes you can Spencer, you have done it before" "Yes, but I didn't love her, what if something goes wrong and I can't save you?" JJ reached up and put her cold hand on my cheek "Just know that I love you" JJ started to cringe with her first contractions. How am I supposed to do this? I turn to Will standing behind me still holding the gun. "You are going to help me with this" Will's eyes went wide but he nodded his head in agreement. "Good. Okay, now we just need to wait until she is contracted enough to start pushing" Considering Will was the one holding the gun he looked the most terrified out of all of us. "Ahh!" JJ was going through another contraction. I squeezed her hand gently, "It's okay, just breath" She seemed to calm herself down and was stable for a few minutes. "Can I get a pillow?" JJ asked in agony. I rushed to the bedroom and grabbed the fluffiest one I could find. Will didn't even move. When he left his house this morning I don't think he had this in mind. He set the gun down on the table and started pacing around the room. "Why are you so nervous?" I asked him barley taking my eyes off JJ. "I'm not, it's just, what if..." I was so frustrated with him right now. The booze that brought him here was starting to ware off. I want to scream at him, express all my rage for everything he had put us through but I keep calm for JJ, she is stressed out enough. I stand up and get right up in Will's face. "You are the one who got us into this, you are the one who wouldn't allow us to call the police so don't you start panicking now!" My voice getting tense. "I-I-I can't do this" Will starts sweating and JJ let's out another large moan. "I don't know how much longer I can put up with this Spence" She calls from her temporary bed in the middle of the living room floor. I turn back to Will "If it wasn't for you we would be at a hospital right now, but no she is on the floor!" JJ moans loud again. The contractions were getting more frequent. Will's breath starts getting shaky. He is having a panic attack. I would normally feel bad for the guy if he hadn't shot me in the gut and held a gun to my girlfriends head. Will started shaking his head frantically like a rabid animal. "I'm sorry" was the last thing he said to me before running out the door. And just like that he was gone again, roaming around the streets with a most wanted sticker pinned on his shirt. I don't know how he does it, comes, then leaves without a single trace of his existence. Then I remembered JJ clutching her stomach in pain. I run up beside her. "Hey, how we doing?" "How the fuck do you think I am doing?" I just smiled at her comment. "So it's almost time to start pushing." "Wait, Will just left so can't we just go to the hospital?" "No you are to far along, you could hurt the baby" JJ dropped her head back down into the pillow and squeezed my hand hard as another contraction came on. "Spencer I can't do this!" "Yes you can, you are doing great" I go do down to her legs. "Okay, it's time to start pushing"