Chapter 3

Spencer POV

JJ walked into work today and I immediately knew something was off, the way she walked, the way she kept her head down it was so out of place. Then when I noticed the large bruise on her face I knew something was wrong. She wouldn't tell me what was happening, it was so like her. I just smiled and walked away but all I could think about was what was happening behind closed doors, who was doing this to her? I decided not to tell anyone just in case. I didn't want to seem pushy if I keep asking her over and over about the situation. I walked back to my desk and sat down driving myself crazy with what could possibly have done that to her.

Later in that day I decide I needed to approach her. She was making herself a coffee so I walked up to her. "Hey JJ" "Um hey Spencer what's up?" "Could we talk?" Her face turned bright red and fear shot across it. "There is nothing to talk about" JJ set her cup down and attempted to walk away. I lightly put my hand on her arm to stop her. She flinched and scrunched up her face as if my light touch hurt. "What was that?" "Nothing!" "Then show me your arm" She panicked "W-w-why?" "If there is nothing wrong show me your arm" JJ pulled me into the back room and locked the door. I was confused at first but then I completely understood. JJ lifted up her sleeve and there sat a huge black bruise. She refused to look at me, she stared at the ground. Then she pulled her pant leg up to the knee and there was another bruise. "JJ, please tell me who is doing this to you?" JJ's eyes filled with tears, they rolled down her beautiful cheeks. She tried to blink them away but it was to difficult. I hated seeing her cry. She tried speaking the words but they didn't come out at first. I put my hand on her shoulder "JJ, you can tell me anything" She started playing with her thumbs then looked up into my eyes. "It's Will" She managed to let the words free from her mouth. My heart stopped, how could that son of a bitch do something like this to her? "he has been coming home drunk almost every night, he would beat me if I didn't do what he wanted" My body was completely filled with hot rage. JJ must have noticed this. "But you can't tell anyone, please Spencer, no one can know" "JJ, I can't just stand back and watch him hurt you like this" I was angry, no I was furious. "Fine but I will tell them" "JJ, you have to, promise me you actually will" JJ nodded her head "I promise"

I walked with JJ back to her desk when Derek Morgan approached me. I stopped walking but JJ kept going. "What's up with her?" I didn't know what to say at first. "She just hasn't been feeling very well lately" Morgan made a strange face at me but just shrugged it off and continued with his duties. I'm not going to be able to do this for long. How long would I be able to do it? Stand back and watch her slowly decaying in the inside while she quickly bruises on the outside. I felt like I needed to tell someone but that might ruin my relationship with JJ. I can't be selfish, she may be mad at me but at least she will be safe and away from that bastard husband of her's. I approach JJ on more time before we leave to go home that night. "Hey JJ I was wondering if you wanted to stay with me tonight?" JJ put her hand on my arm "I wish I could Spence, I'm gonna tell Hotch tomorrow okay? You don't need to worry about me" "But JJ I am, you shouldn't be going home tonight alone" "Spencer I have to, you don't understand" JJ dropped her head before walking into the elevator.