21. Moving On

"Mara, what's going on here? Are you okay?" asked Josh as she sat beside Mara and stared at Marc.

"I thought the interview was over? I don't think Mara is expecting an ambush interview right now." Josh asked Marc.

It surprised Marc to see Josh in front of him. How did the famous Josh know Mara?
"I didn't know that you guys know each other. I wasn't doing an ambush interview. We know each other very well. We are just having an unexpected reunion."

"Rich and Mara are with me. Mara is my..."

Before Josh could finish what he was about to say, Mara interrupted him. 

"We are his guests. If you don't mind, I am hungry. So we are going to have our dinner now. Please leave."

Marc stood up and offered his hand, but Mara looked away. "It was nice seeing you again, Mara. I wish for us to talk some other time."

Mara held on to Josh's hands to calm him

Mara held on to Josh's hands to calm him. Josh wanted so much to go after Marc. But he stayed back after seeing how Mara's face was so worried.

"Are you okay? What did he tell you?"

Mara smiled at Josh. "Let us eat now; I'm so hungry."

To change the atmosphere in the room after Marc left, Rich started doing his funny antics while the four of them were having dinner. Though everyone was laughing in the room, Josh could feel that Mara was anxious. So, without saying a word, he held Mara's hand and pulled her towards him.

"I didn't expect that A-hole to be here! What was he doing here? I heard from outside that he interviewed a Korean actor. Was it part of your job in the other room, Josh?" Rich asked.

Mara's face brightened. "Who was the actor? I heard Korean novellas and K-Pops are popular now. I even see celebrities posting comments and reactions about their favorites."

Josh bit his lip. He doesn't want to say anything yet to Mara because he plans to tell her when they return to their room. Jang took Josh's silence as a signal and told Mara and Rich to go ahead of them. Also, to avoid people in the hotel seeing Josh with Mara. It will be a big scoop if anyone gets an idea of the actor with a woman. 

In Josh's mind, the purpose is to protect Mara's privacy.

"Guys, it's been a long day! Rich, why don't you and Mara return to your rooms first? I need to brief Josh about his schedule tomorrow." Jang said.

Rich agreed and stood up from the table. "Okay, Jang. Goodnight! Let's go, girlfriend!"

Josh whispered to Mara that he would follow soon. However, once the two left, Jang immediately warned Josh.