Power, Strength and Courage

~~O~~

Pitch black.

It was all she could see.

Everytime she stepped forward, a strong force would hurled her across the floor. Now she must find a way to get out of the dark.

"But how?" she asked silently.

She gasped for air as it turns thin. She moved back, afraid of her surroundings, afraid of the place that she has come to.

Sensing a movement to her left, Mirialia turned her head and saw the violet scales of the beast. At the same time, another strong force slammed her to the floor. She felt the pain raising once more and tried to move to run away, but she could not stand.

She felt helpless. Her blades has been thrown away from her grip. She wanted to call for help for she knew they were outside.

Lenneth..Glorfindel...Thranduil.
But how will they know I'm here? With all this darkness around me?

Once more she found herself facing pain. It grows inside her, causing her mind to go numb. She felt tired, tears streaming down her face. She closed her eyes, wanting to call his name.

Do not give in to his evil.

A calm, encouraging voice spoke to her.

You do not fear the dark, Miriel. You are afraid to be alone in the dark. But you are not. You are not alone.

"Lady...Galadriel." she whispered.

A light shines within your spirit. Use it to defeat the darkness that surrounds you. Do not let him take away the things you cherish most.

There were flashes of light when Mirialia opened her eyes. It came from a source not far away from her. She narrowed her gaze and looked deep into the blackness. She then noticed the rays of light were coming from her blades. To her amazement, she did not even know why but the light was from someone she knew very well.

"Mirien?"

I will help you...Nana.

The blades shone in brilliance and swiftly moved towards her. Images bombarded her mind; images of the people she loved most, she held dear, giving her the will to fight.

She had to fight.

I will fight.

Mirialia rose slowly, her body shining with a bright white light.

"Gales of mists, gather and chill," she whispered in Elvish. "I summon thee from the northern peaks."

Her eyes glowed an ice blue, yet dark with anger. She raised an arm high, with her blade pointing upward.

"Bring your cold wrath to my enemy!"

The place was filled with cool misty air. The beast lashed at it and angering it. Grimmond took a step back.

"What is this!?"

The mist concentrated and swirled, bringing forth a form of the familiar gryphon in front of Mirialia. It surrounded the beast that became frozen solid and it fell to the floor shattering to dust before evaporating to mist. Grimmond shielded himself with his sword, freezing it. The cool air from the attack vanishes the darkness.

~~O~~

Meanwhile, at the Elvenking's halls, everyone was stunned. Storming inside Mirien's room, Amariel together with Nauriel and Calen saw the princess standing but floating above her bed. Her head was tilted back, her arms spreading and her eyes flashed white as her whole body glowed with her own light.