Deceit And Sacrifice

~~O~~

"Miriel." A man worriedly approached her. "My dear Mirialia."

"Gideon." The half-elf murmured, she took a step back but Drinen pushed her forward.

"Untie her hands." Gideon ordered.

Drinen removed the rope on her wrist, and Gideon quickly grabbed her arm. "I missed you so much. I missed those moments when I was looking at your face."

He let go of her arm, and hit her face with the back of his hand. Mirialia moaned in pain as she fell to the ground.

"But you betrayed me, my lady."

"I want to be free." She said.

"You want to be free? Or you want to be with the Elvenking?" he shouted.

"I want to be with my people!" Mirialia replied.

"I should have not let Mari tell her stories about the elves." Gideon tilted his head and looked at Drinen. "Bring her in."

Drinen walked out of the room. He returned after a few minutes with Shileiko and Mari. The old woman's hands were tied behind her back and a blade was pointed on her throat.

"There you are, Miriel." Shileiko smiled. "You have finally returned . We now have the two traitors in our hands."

"Mari!" Mirialia shouted. "Let her go!"

"Not so fast, my dear." Gideon said.

"It is me that you want, let her go!" she replied.

"Oh yes. It is you that we want." Shileiko said. "However, your friend right here committed a treacherous act too. What do you want us to do, just let her go?"

"What do you want from me?" Mirialia asked.

Shileiko and Gideon smiled at each other. The witch walked towards her, holding her wand.

"You see, the elves have a special light glowing in them. That's why they are powerful and...immortal." She explained. "How fortunate, you have that light. It's shining within you, and we want that."

"What?" Mirialia said confusingly.

"Give your light to Gideon, and we will let Mari go. Both of you can live together, away from here." Shileiko said.

"No, my lady!" Mari shouted, but the blade was pulled closer to her neck. "Don't do it!"

"Will you deny it from your lord? The man and his ancestors who took care of you for hundreds of years?" Shileiko asked.

"No, don't listen to her!" Mari said.

"Shut your mouth, old woman." Drinen whispered behind her.

"You will still live as a mortal. If you want to be with your people, you will do what I say." the witch said.

Mirialia looked worriedly at Mari, she wanted her to be free like Malbim. She wanted to take her to Rohan and give her a new life.

Gideon held out his hands to her. "Give me your hands."

She glanced at Mari, then to Gideon, then back to her. She remembered what Eowyn said to her.

"I cannot be with him anyway." she thought.

"Your hands! Or she will die." the witch threatened.

She walked towards Gideon, slowly reaching his hands. The corsair quickly grabbed her arms, and locked with his. Shileiko immediately pointed her wand to their arms and chanted her dark spell.