Tears Of Pain

~~O~~

Mirialia opened her eyes and for the first time in a long time it seems. The sun was rising in the sky, the sounds of nature waking up indicating that morning was coming. Opening her eyes and blinking, all she could see was a blur of colors. Her throat felt sore and her body warm and heavy. Her vision cleared allowing her to see that she was not in the room where Gideon had left her. The bed was huge, and carved in rose wood.

Sitting up slowly, the sick woman took in the room she was in. She was alone. The bed had satin midnight blue sheets with intricate gold embroidery depicting the sun and the moon. Pillows and comforters were strewn all over the bed. The room was decorated with beautiful handmade carpets with Elvish writings. Pushing the blanket off of her, small voices suddenly spoke to her.

"Good morning, my lady!" The sylphs greeted her. "Welcome back to the Woodland Realm!"

Looking at them weakly, she saw Fain's broken wings and it saddened her. A torrent of images came flooding back in her mind, she finally recalled what happened. "Fain, your wings." She said.

"Oh, don't you worry about this. See? I can still fly." Fain smiled reassuringly as he flew in front of her. "I will be all right."

"Let's go out! We should see the sun!" Cielo pitched. The others agreed with her and hurriedly flew outside the room.

Mirialia, as gracefully as she could, stood up, swaying slightly from side to side as a wave of nausea passed over her. She also noticed that someone had changed her in a white nightgown. Her face took a slightly pink glow and her brow creased. She absentmindedly put on a white silk robe as she straightened to look around. The woman cautiously moved off the bed. Eyes narrowed, and with no little fear, she searched the exit of the room. She slowly approached an oak door. Opening it a little, she peeked outside cautiously, only to find out that the door leads her to the forest. The forest that she loved.

Closing the door behind her, she took deep breaths, letting the mingling scent flowing in the forest ease her nerves. Heading north, she followed the path that the trees designed for her while she searched for the little creatures. After a certain time, she finally heard them laughing at each other, because Gwath got trapped in a vine. Her thoughts began to wander, she now longed for a particular tree. The tree where she and Tauriel would often visit and spend time with. She had been walking and searching for it for almost half an hour when she found it. Mirialia could now see the sylphs but they were flying too fast. "Wait for me." She gasped.

Every step she took felt like the tree was moving away from her. She could feel her mind started to cloud, her body exhausted both from the physical and emotional strain. Losing her balance, she almost fell to the side, when strong arms caught her fall.

~~O~~

"Why did you leave the healing room?" a masculine voice called out. "You should not be out of bed. I will take you back."

His hand rested on her shoulder as the elf stood before her. "No...." she replied. She looked blindly at its owner, not recognizing him and trying to get away from the stranger's clutch. "I want to go there." Her eyes were now fixed on the tree.

"No. You are still weak." The voice replied sharply.

Tears started to form on her eyes as she struggled. "I want to go there." She cried.

Looking at her with sincere eyes, Thranduil curled an arm against her back; he bent down slowly and picked her up effortlessly as he walked towards the tree.

"You have to put me down. I'm...heavy." Mirialia said weakly.

"You're light as a feather." The Elvenking replied gently.