Chapter Twenty-Six.

"Something in me wants more. I can't rest"

                                                                           -Sylvia Plath

                                                                                   #

My eyes slowly flicker open after repeatedly blinking and trying to stop my vision from going in loops. A sharp migraine takes my complete attention, throbbing with each passing pulse and causing me to let out a muffled moan. I try to bring my fingers to my head but then realize that I have no feeling in either of my arms, or even in my legs for that fact. I'm completely paralyzed.

         My eyes shift around the unfamiliar room before I then direct my vision to the man sitting in a chair a few feet in front of me, humming a tune. Molly Malone. He stretches out each note, making it a much creepier and more unsettling tune to listen to. And that's when I remember being in my bathroom and getting drugged by him. What I dont remember is how Im now fully dressed or even how I got in hereWherever I am. How long was I out? And how long have I been here? Where am I anyway?

          "Oh good", he smiles. "You're finally awake"

          "...where am I?", Is all Im able to say

          "Don't worry. You're safe now"

          "Where am I Jeffery?", I repeat

          "...you're home"

         I study the surroundings further. l have no idea what his delusional ass is talk-ing about because as far as I know, this is not my house. Nowhere near it. I watch him as he stands up and brings me a cup filled with what I'm praying is only water. I turn my face, refusing to drink. I don't trust him a single bit.

          "...you're going to get dehydrated Miss Tembo. Don't be stubborn, just drink", he says and I tilt my head up to face him. Dry blood is stuck on the top of his left brow and what's scary is that I'm not sure if the blood is mine but I think that it might be.

          "What did you do to me? Why can't I move?", I manage to say

          "...drink...then I'll answer"

A pause.

          I open my mouth slightly and take a drink of the water, nearly even finishing it.

          "That's my good girl", he breaths

          "Well? Why can't I move my legs or my arms? What did you give me?"

          He sighs. "You were anxious...and stressed. I only wanted you to take a rest. I gave you something to make you better"

          "How long was I out?", I whisper

A pause.

          I stopped counting after three days", he says dryly.

          Three days? I might have been here for a week. Or even more. If there's any-thing I've learnt about Jeffery Maxwell, it's that you can't underestimate him or his insane antics. Hell go as far and as drastically dangerous as he possibly can, all he has to do is want to.

         "So, what's your grand plan here? What are you gonna do?", I ask as confidently as I can, "...kill me? Rape me?"

          His pale dark eyes scowl at me with an overwhelming emotion of...disgust, disrespect and offense. His head bops backwards and I pay close attention to the distinct and soft movement of his Adam's apple as he swallows