Chapter Ten.

"I should leave before I say something I regret. Or worse"

Those cold words play around in my mind and I'm still stunned. What could he possibly mean by, "or worse"? Was that some kind of threat? And even if it was a threat, why the hell did he get so mad? It's not like I told his wife! For goodness sake.

And, since were talking about his wife, what the hell kind of bombshell was that yesterday? What the hell kind of completely inconsiderate behavior was that yesterday? I mean, this man sends someone to come find me, devours me in his office, somehow brings me into my room with some sort of trance, tells me his whole wife is waiting for him at home and then has the audacity to get mad at me? Real-ly? Really Mr. Grayson?

"Who are you talking to?" Daisy laughs. She's leaning at the bathroom door-way with her arms crossed, wearing a floral print jumpsuit.

"How long have you been standing there?", I turn, embarrassed.

"Long enough to know that you're clearly not handling this whole 'Mr. Grayson having an actual wife' thing very well"

"It's not that I can't handle it", I lie

"It's exactly that Nai. And you know I'm right"

"I have to go to the library and study", I say, trying to avoid the conversation that I know will end in me crying for a man that doesn't belong to me.

"Alright then....just run from your problems"

"Goodbye Daisy," I scream as I close the door behind me while I leave the room.

As I walk down the pathway leading to the campus library, I'm taken back by a body pounding onto the pavement right in front of my feet.

"Oh my gosh", I scream, dropping my books to help the person stand up. "Wha...Kayden?! What the hell?"

"Hey Nailea", he squirms, squinting his eyes and trying to find his balance

"What happened? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine thank you. It's just, I was running to try and catch up with you.", he tells me, "I was screaming out to you. Didn't you hear me?"

"Oh...no. I'm sorry I guess I was a little bit checked out"

"Hm", he cocks his head, "what's wrong Nailea?"

How does he know that there's something on my mind? Is it that obvious or am I just easy to read? "I guess I'm just kind of...stressed out"

"Were you going to go and study?", he asks me. I nod my head yes.

"Why don't you take a break for today? You uh...you can come with me and I could take you somewhere", he says softly as if that was supposed to be a thought.

"Where do you wanna go?", I ask

"Anywhere...as long as I'm with you", his lips quirk up and he faces the ground. Oh Kayden. Sweet, sweet Kayden

"Alright", I agree readily and smile up at him.

"Really?", he perks up in a sort of I-can't-believe-you-said-yes way and it makes me giggle. I don't understand why he gets so nervous around me. It's just...me, I mean, what's all the anxious energy about?

"Well, are you coming?", I smile, pushing past him and walking to the car park.

He follows me behind and when we reach his car, he opens the door for me unexpectedly and I climb in. The only reason I was even able to recognize the car was because the first time I slept with Mr. Grayson; Kayden was there to pick me up. But you know what? Not today. The last thing I need right now is to think about Mr. Grayson and all of his drama.