Chapter Nine.

My conversation with my mother after our disagreement was...short to say the least. Almost, completely non-existent actually. So, receiving a message in the class group chat from our Chancellor saying that all students were free to come back on campus was a much needed breath of fresh air.

When I enter the room, Daisy and Asher are sitting on the couch, devouring each other. I watch them intently for a moment before coughing loudly to let them know that I'm in the room. They both turn my way and Daisy has a huge grin slapped across her face. She would never admit it, but I know that deep down she prefers Asher to Chase.

"Nai!", she leaps up from the couch and pulls me into a tight hug

"Sorry to interrupt you two", I murmur, pulling away from the hug and taking off my coat

"Oh, trust me, we've had enough fun with each other", Asher says huskily before licking his lips and standing up to hug me too. I catch Daisy blushing while he does.

"How was the flight?", Daisy asks

"A lot better than driving, that's for sure"

"Asher and I actually got back like 2 days after we left", Daisy tells me

"Were you even allowed back?"

"Oh, yeah. The infestation was just in like two classes"

"Well, I wish I knew. My trip back home was horrid"

Daisy chuckles.

"I'll let you guys catch up", Asher turns to Daisy and gives her a long, seductive kiss. I watch them for only a second and then walkover to the kitchen area to grab a glass of water. Watching them is making me want something that I simply cannot have right now.

"I'll see you later baby love", I hear him say, seconds before I hear the door shutting. I can't help but laugh under my breath. Baby love? I've definitely never heard that one before.

"Does Chase know that you and Asher were together?", I tease

"He doesn't have to", she replies irritably, "Besides, I'm going to see him tonight"

"Oh, that should be fun"

"Can I be totally honest?"

"Always"

"I wish I were going out with Asher", she frowns and it almost makes me so sad for her. Poor thing. I don't understand why she can't just be in a committed relationship with Asher. Anyway, maybe it's more complicated

"If you like him more, why not just be in a relationship with him only. Just the two of you...a couple. Those kinds of relationships exist you know", I smirk at her. Making her roll her eyes

"Anyway, are you excited to be back on campus? Now you can get back to Grayson", she asks, putting together a peanut butter and jelly sandwich

"He...uh. He actually came to see me", I mumble and instantly regret.

"Wait, what?!"

"I was upset with my mother and for some reason, I thought to call him. He ended up taking me to a bed and breakfast"

"Did you...?"

I nod, slightly embarrassed.

"Nailea Tembo, you little tramp", she jokes. At least, I hope she's joking

We continue to catch up for a while. Daisy tells me about her time with Asher and how they spent most of their time making out and making love. In between Asher painting her and them cooking with each other, it seemed like something out of an Anna Todd Romance novel. I thought about telling her about Mr. Grayson's strange anger outburst but, I brush it off, thinking it's probably nothing to be worried about.