29

"Level indicator?"

"No."

"No." Wick, whom I had been briefly introduced to, and I both said at the same time as I narrowed my eyes in concentration. The answer had to be here, and it wasn't by indicating the levels.

"Do you see an actuator anywhere?" Bellamy and I looked at each other as we tried to comprehend what an actuator was. Both of us lost as we turned back to the ear piece, Bellamy taking the lead on this one.

"We have no idea what that is."

"Norms. Come on, what else?" My eyes snapped to Wick's insult.

"Hey engineer, your walkie was on. Vlákas." I purposely left the mic on so he could hear my insult. Bellamy grinned down at me as I rolled my eyes.

"Internal pressure sensor." Bellamy said.

"No." Came Wick's quick response.

"Set point and alarm." I eyed Bellamy out of the corner of my left eye, and smacked his wandering hand away from the button.

"Lets avoid that one." Wick again, though I could hear the frustration at how terrible this was going.

"Bellamy, stop saying random things. And don't touch anything, I will hold your hand if you need me too." I threatened, meaning I was going to hold his wrist back to keep his hand from moving but clearly his smirk meant he thought something different.

"You just want to hold my hand." I glared at him and slapped his hand away as he went to poke at the monitor again.

"Hey, you two, focus. We need to get this done. Special emphasis on need." Raven's voice filled in through the walkie, the both of us sheepishly grinning apologetically towards the ear piece.

"Okay, um, there are three pumps, we don't want catalyst because that speeds things up. There is a reset button." I talked through what my brain was digesting as I skimmed the monitor again. Bellamy's finger pointing back up to where he had left off. "Fine. What about Maintenance and Cleaning?" There wasn't an automatic answer so Bellamy and I looked at each other. His look was one of smugness while I looked at him with anticipation.

"Easy there, Fake. You might be getting ahead of yourself." I turned mute off on the earpiece and spoke into it. "Raven? Wick? Anything?"

"Yeah, go to that subdirectory. See if there is anything that says "passivation"." Wick's voice finally came through. The smug look on Bellamy's face growing as he pointed down to my hand that held his wrist.

"Can I touch now?" I just rolled my eyes and let go, Bellamy was enjoying this small possible victory way too much.

"Okay, I'm on it." My eyes trailed Bellamy's concentration face. A small smile on mine at our spark of victory. But for a minute, I could only imagine what Bellamy Blake was like as a school boy on the Ark. I'm hoping he had pimples, there is no way his skin has always been this clear. And I doubt his voice had been deep from the beginning. In fact, I bet he had a squeaky voice up until he was fourteen.

"Earth to Persphyni." I shook my head at Bellamy who was waving a hand in my face.

"What?" I blinked, surprised that I had gotten so distracted.

"We did it." My eyes widened as I looked at the monitor showing that "Passivation was Successful".

"You did that Bellamy. Much better than the whole, 'can I just blow it', idea." He rolled his eyes and opened his arms.

"We just officially started the attack on the Mountain. That's celebratory." He says as he gives me a pointed look. I could tell he wanted a hug. The smug grin on his face told me that much.

"Celebratory in deed, I'll go let the grounders out so they can celebrate too." I went to move around him but he stepped in my path.

"Bellamy." I warned.

"Persphyni." He mocked his arms falling to his side. A pout soon forming on his face. Something that didn't suit him, but he somehow managed to pull it off.

"Fine, you ass." I jumped into the hug. My arms going around his neck as his quickly snaked around my waist, pulling me in closer as they tightened. For those few seconds everything froze, and I was, well- just a girl hugging a guy, in the middle of a highly toxic and flammable acid fog plant.

I could tell that in those few seconds neither of us wanted to pull away, but duty called.

"Okay, now you go get our people and I'll get the grounders. We'll meet at the rendezvous point in the tunnels after everyone is out." Bellamy nodded as he turned and together we started back to the vent. Me going in first as he had to go back and grab the torch he had borrowed from Vincent. The small tool was a huge piece of evidence that could give everything away.

I had made it halfway when I saw Bellamy not in the vent yet. I slowly made my way out of the vent only to see Bellamy taking into the ear piece.

"Raven, we've got a problem. Damn it, where are you? I don't think the acid fog is down. Get word to Clarke, we have to stop the army. Raven!" I ran over to see what he was talking about and nearly screamed in frustration as the dial moved back to zero. My eyes flicking to the ear piece.

"Bellamy." I spoke calmly as I reached up to the ear piece. "Calm down. Cage is too much of a coward to do anything." I spoke the last sentence into the mic of the ear piece before muting it. "They were playing with us, they intercepted our signal and were listening in." I handed Bellamy back the ear piece and turned away balling my fists as I threatened to scream. "Damn it!" I kicked one of the oxygen tanks and only partially regretted it when it didn't stop this anger I had fueled.

"In fact, he probably sent guar- here they are now." As if on cue, the alarms began to blare and the door was repeatedly hit against. "This is the part where we do something very heroic, because the only people who can save us and everyone out there, is us." I whispered as we slowly walked back to the vent in case we needed to make a quick escape.

"Yeah, thanks, I hadn't realized."

"Now you're being sarcastic. Great, now he's being sarcastic." Right after I finished sassing Bellamy, the door burst open and the guards filled in.

"Drop your weapon!" The only thing Bellamy had in his hand was the torch. My daggers were still in the sheath, but I guess that's enough for them.

"This is when we run."