26

"Dispatch! In pursuit of the target. It's not Lovejoy. Repeat, it's not Lovejoy." I turned my walkie volume low as I leaned back into a corner, my heart pounding as I breathed in and out trying to find out where Bellamy could possibly be. I remained silent as I listened for the walkie to give a clue or something else.

The alarms.

My eyes snapped to the doors directly in front of me at the very end of the hallway that concealed the loud blares and the flashing lights. My mind held no doubt that Bellamy was in there. And no doubt was where I was was going to next.

I swiped the card I had snagged from Tsing, even though she was dead it still was in the system, the same card that had gotten me onto this level. When the door clicked, I burst in and immediately caught sight of Bellamy running up above me, his footsteps heavy as he ran from his two pursuers. I followed him with my eyes and predicted where he would go, and to that place I ran. I ran fast and silent to the base level right below which was solid concrete and much quieter than the metal cage material above.

When I got off the stairs I waited behind a cement block for Bellamy to run my way. And when he did I ran to meet him. Though small regret for not announcing myself appeared in the form off an elbow to the face. Followed by a punch to the gut I managed to avoid. My nose though, wasn't as lucky.

"Ow, damn." I hissed cradling my nose as I leaned back against the wall, holding a hand up to Bellamy who went to come help me. "Guard approaching nine o'clock, only one." I whispered as I held in a groan at the blood that began to flood my nostrils. The sounds of struggle and grunts came from my left but I was too busy trying to keep quiet and not cry as my nerves went haywire. This was definitely the best hit I've ever had laid on my nose, on my entire face for that matter. Normally I block it or get hit in the cheek or temple, but damn my nose is really pushing my dam holding back my tears.

"Persphyni. Are you okay, shit. I'm sorry." He came in front of me and tried to pull my hands off my nose so he could get a look, only I wouldn't let him.

"No. I'm fine. We need to go there'll be more coming." My voice was muffled as I turned towards the door and the stairs leading up to it.

"Persphyni." I kept walking, reaching the first step before I was turned around and my head tilted back so I'd look up at Bellamy and the ceiling.

I didn't get to protest as his hands gently but forcefully removed my own on my nose and the blood continued to pour. A small moan left my lips at the sensation of loosing pressure and I went to bring my hands back up but Bellamy wouldn't have it.

"Here." He brought a small handkerchief up to my nose and tilted my head back down to where I was slightly leaned forward. My eyes locking with Bellamy's as we stood there. His hand holding my head down as well as applying a slight pressure to my nose with the handkerchief. Both of my hands held onto one of his forearms as we stood there.

"The second guard is headed our way. His footsteps are loud." I whispered as I remained still, not even feeling the slightest bit dumb at my obvious statement.

"We should go." I nodded slightly, hesitantly placing my hand over his own and trading the hold on my nose. I now held the handkerchief and moved out of the way. "Just uh, keep your head tilted down so the blood doesn't get stuck in your throat or stomach. When you've stopped bleeding I'll take another look at it." He walked passed me and towards the door holding a card I assumed he swiped from the guard, then ushered me through.

________•*•*•*•________

"Vincent, we need your help." We?? I'm sorry, I can take care of my nose that hasn't stopped bleeding yet. The white handkerchief now a deep blood red, as I kept it up to my nose not wanting to risk pulling it off.

"It's all over the radio. They know about you. Did anyone see you come here?" I slipped into the door and carefully shut it behind me, my head still bowed at an uncomfortable angle.

"No. We've been keeping to the vents and unmonitored halls." My eyes scanned the room, moving around Vincent and Bellamy who were currently talking and pulled my dagger out.

"Vincent." We kept eye contact as Lee pulled his hands up in surrender at my dagger that was pointed at him. Bellamy and Vincent turned towards the scene as the former pulled his gun out too.

"He with us?" My muffled voice asked as I slowly lowered my dagger at Vincent's confirmation and Lee's nod.

"Dante was like a father to me. Some of us don't agree with Cage's agenda." I carefully sheathed my dagger, my right hand still holding my nose that I felt had stopped bleeding. Lee was a good man. I had a shift with him cleaning up the armory for an entire week before it switched to another pair.

"Atlys, what happened to your face." I didn't respond. Only rolled my eyes and turned to Vincent.

"Do you have a mirror? And maybe some first aid stuff?"

"Bathroom, bottom left cabinet." He pointed behind me towards a cracked door then motioned for Bellamy to follow him over to a table.

I watched Bellamy hesitate, knowing he wanted to come in with me to check my nose out, but we had to do this fast.

"Go on, I'll be fine. If I'm not out, you can come check on me." Once Bellamy scanned my face he walked over to Vincent and Lee who were both watching the exchange curiously.

What ever was going through their heads, I wasn't too sure I wanted to know at Vincent's smirk and Lee's roll of the eyes as Bellamy finally joined the table.