12

Cage escorted me all the way to my room before turning around and heading off to the elevator. The alarms had just stopped by the time we reached my room. I had tried to talk to Cage but the alarms were too loud. And he didn't seem to want to talk. Which drove my warning signal through the roof, making me more on edge. Well, to the surface would be a more realistic image.

I sat on my bed after I had changed into a pair of black cargo pants and one of the short sleeve tight army green tops, slipping a pair of new socks on my previously frozen and bare feet. The crutches I had left on the ground as I stretched my legs and upper body from my bed, fearing old lady status if I were to sit on the floor.

As I stretched I let my mind run through the possible scenarios that might have caused the alarms to go off. From my knowledge, that alarm only sounds when in critical danger, meaning it wasn't a birthday alarm like Cage had treated it. The more worried thought was when he didn't look alarmed about it, making me think he had know something was happening. Or it could have been a test run.

I let my mind race as I loosened up after the two days I had been unconscious, my stretching was calming me yet opened my mind to the pressing thoughts of my people and their safety.

It had to have been some sort of breech alarm. Maybe Clarke or someone trying to get in or the 100 in here trying to get out. But there would be more urgency from the head of security in that case. So it couldn't have been a person breech.

Radiation. Radiation will kill the Mountain Men. It had to have been a radiation leak, which means my people inside are safe.

Though I need to confirm my thoughts before being so certain. All forty-six inside this damned mountain. The large, over-friendly, deadly, prison. Because it was. A prison, deadly, large, and the people here are too nice. That alone drove me through the wall in red flags.

Cage and Tsing, plus all those grounders in cages, a whole other ball game. Those two were part of something more sinister then just caging the grounders and draining then for blood, and I worry that I know exactly what it is.

Yet I hope I don't. There's that stupid word again. Need to get that out of my vocabulary for good.

_______•*•*•*•________

"Dr. Tsing! What a lovely surprise!" It was my last day of being benched, an extra two days for the stitches to set and I was ready to get out again.

"Long time no see." I gave a small chuckle to show I was relaxed even though internally I was currently hyper aware of everything.

"So Doc, am I good to go?" I rose a brow as she eyed my stitches with a small package of butterfly bandages in her hand.

"After I get this wrapped, then yes. I actually would like to get some blood samples from you if you wouldn't mind." She kept her eye on the bandage as I froze up slightly, eyeing her with curiosity. I couldn't let her have my blood, and I couldn't let her know I knew about the grounders.

"I'm going to have to decline." Her head shot up and I swear she was glaring at me. "I haven't eaten much these past few days and I'd really like to get back into my normal routine. Which doesn't involve my blood being tested." I watched her sigh before finishing the bandage on my shallow shot wound then turned around to her medical table.

I quietly moved off the bed and towards the door as she shuffled around to find something. Holding back the slight wince as I stepped heavily on my sore left leg. I reached the door when she turned around, two needles in her hand staring at the empty bed then over to me as I gave her a mocking salute before slipping out the door. Not bothering to wait and hear what she had to say as I slightly limped my way to Dante's office.

_______•*•*•*•_______

"Dante. We need to talk." I walked in the office where I saw the older man painting as per usual.

The older man turned around as he set his brush down, a rag in his hands as he smiled at me.

"Miss Kane, what a lovely surprise."

"I said the same thing moments before your doctor tried to stick me and draw my blood. I may not know standard medicine practice here, but I know it is not normal to draw blood after a check up with stitches." I crossed my arms over my chest leaning on my right leg and displaying the two daggers at my sides. "Care to explain?" Dante smiled at me as walked over.

"I'm sorry Atlys, but I'm afraid I don't know what you are talking about." He set his rag down on the table nearby. "I will discuss this with Dr. Tsing, but if you wouldn't mind, I know that forty-six of your people are worriedly waiting for you down on level five. I think today is a good day to reunite, no?"

I uncrossed my arms as I eyed Dante and the painting behind him before sighing and turning to the door. Grabbing the handle, I spared the old man one more glance.

"You forgot the fluorescent rocks at the bottom."

_______•*•*•*•_______

I walked into the cafeteria after I saw no one in the bunk room where they were staying. Only after saying hello's and giving hugs did I continue on though the hallways to find the last two who hadn't been accounted for. Monty and Jasper.

I walked all though the hallways until I came across a door that had two distinct voices filtering out.

"We have to try!"

"We're not leaving, and I won't leave the others behind. Not if it means they end up in there." I quietly shut the door, walking towards the two boys.

"What choice do we have?"

"You don't." I watched as Monty and Jasper jumped, noticing that girl, Maya, who Clarke had threatened practically fall over in fright at how close I was without them noticing.

"You three need to get out of here now. And you two, you will go straight to the bunks, so help me. If you aren't there by the time I get the guards who are following me off my tail. I'm already working to protect you all, do not make this harder for me." The two looked at each other as if they had been scolded by their parents, while I turned on the girl. "Maya, if you wouldn't mind taking them opposite from the way you came." She nodded before motioning you the door to their left while I made my way back to the door I had came in, turning my walkie back on once I made it out of the room.

The radio was silent as I turned the corner and walked passed the guards, who had been trailing me since I got off the elevator on level five, and got onto the elevator to reach my room. I needed to have a moment of privacy, and I wasn't going to get that anywhere else.