44

I laughed rolling my eyes.

"Bellamy probably said I'd say a lot of things. But it's true. And I'd need to have a flexible schedule, as Lincoln hopefully told you, I'm training with him in the mornings." He nodded, a slight smile on his face as I ran a hand down my long ponytail.

"Persphyni, you don't have to answer me now. Just know, I'd love to have you by my side and teach you the reins. Then I'd also hate it because in the case of violence," I had to stop my eye roll and scoffed in order to let him continue. He was still my dad and deserved the respect, "you'd be front line. Which I understand that no matter if you take the job you'd make yourself front line either way." I laughed as he gave me a knowing smile.

"You got that right, don't worry old man, I can hold my own." We smiled as the light fell from the sky leaving it completely dark outside.

"I know. Which is why I want you to come meet someone with me tomorrow morning. It'll be just you and me before dawn, don't worry I already spoke with Lincoln and he was fine with it. And a bit preoccupied with Octavia." I laughed at my dad's grimace.

"She is a handful."

"Yeah, I wonder who she got it from." I looked at him shocked at what he was implying. Before shrugging.

"You're not wrong, once again." His laugh filled the room and I found myself wondering what our relationship would have been like up on the Ark.

_______•*•*•*•_______

I hardly slept due to the fact I was up talking to Octavia the entire night. Her and Lincoln were still arguing and it's gotten annoying. And if I know them, Lincoln's going to bow to Octavia and they'll make up. He literally treats her like a queen who can do some killer damage with a sword.

The knock on my door came too soon as I sat on my bed ready to go but wanting to have a few more moments of peace.

"Ready?" I nodded shutting the door as it locked with a click and we were off.

I was expecting us to not go out the main gate, but I wasn't expecting us to sneak through a hidden vent. The fact my dad knew where it was made me skeptical as he pulled the metal that acted like a door and ushered me in.

"I was a kid once too you know." I held my hands up to show I held no judgement but the laugh clearly contradicted the motion. Before I became somber as I looked at the vent.

"It'll never end will it." This time he laughed as I gave him a glare which he shrugged off.

"Could be worse, this is one of the few vents that could act as a toddler's walkway." He did have a point. The width, height, and overall area was quiet large compared to the normal vents I've climbed through. Though just as long.

"Take a right and the exit is right at the dead end." I followed my father's instructions and made it to a dead end of sheet metal. I turned my head to look at him with a raised eyebrow.

"You want me to just kick it? Or?" He rolled his eyes to my surprise and motioned for me to lift it up. I scanned the metal for a small indention or lever and grinned when I saw the small horizontal handle on the side.

When we stepped out, I saw we'd made it outside of the electrical fence and faced the woods, which looked beautiful as the moon dipped and the sun began to rise.

"Come on, this way." I shouldered my pack and followed down the trail he had seemed to memorize. A smile on my face as we finally got to have some bonding time together even if it was just going on a hike.

"So, you never told me who this person is you want me to meet." I gasped and gave him a side glance. "Don't tell me you're seeing someone." I saw his eyes widened before he coughed and covered it with a laugh.

"No, she's a friend. I promise." I walked backwards in order to look him in the eyes.

"It's a she?" I wiggled my brows at him as he rolled his eyes and nudged my shoulder.

"Look forward, elevation is about to change." I laughed as he brushed passed me and started to walk down the hill. Silence comfortably blanketing us as the birds began to wake up and make small chirping noises.

"So I was thinking, Camp Jaha is cool and everything, but what about something more related to the Ark." I spoke as we entered the tree line, making sure to keep my voice low.

"What do you have in mind?" I pursed my lips and thought about it for a second.

"I have a lot in mind, but there was one thing I really liked. And we can even spell it with a 'k' instead of a 'c'." I watched him nod and continued.

"I'm thinking Arcadia, in Greek mythology it was said the nature god, Pan, lived there and it was a place of free, pure wilderness where the inhabitants lived harmoniously. The name has a connotation of utopia, which I think we all need at this point." By the time I finished my rant my dad had slowed to walk beside me and had a smile plastered on his face.

"I like that idea. Executive decision made. I'll have to get Sinclair and the welders to make a new sign. We need to fix the main gate anyway." I laughed softly as we once again fell into silence. My hands never leaving my sides as I readied myself for any potential hostile grounder. Though, I have a feeling a grounder is exactly who I am about to meet.