Chapter 11

Clover

I thought it was going to be an 'amazing' friendship, but the place she took me was hardly that. I followed her through the doors of Dandy, a swinky new night club, that I never knew existed.

"Girl, come on!" Monica squelled walking ahead, moving her hips to the beat of the chilled music.

I glanced around, this wasn't exactly my type of scene. Though, I was happy to escape the knowing eyes of Dominic. I needed a distraction.

I followed Monica to the bar and she ordered a martini for herself and promptly asked me if I wanted anything.

"Nah, I'm fine. Now, I'm not thirsty or anything I just want to meet new people. Expand me hor-" I was cut off by a tall male with beautiful caramel skin and deep dimples.

His hair was a curly mess, but it fit him so well and he had an amazingly bright smile. I watched Monica out of the corner of my eye start to smile herself running her hand quickly through her short hair.

"Moni, long time no see." He smiled. He had such a rich creamy voice and I could hint a bit of an Hispanic accent.

"Hey Johnny." She replied, giving him a small hug.

"And this is..?" He gestured towards me.

I raised an eyebrow at him, "I'm Clover."

"Clover, tu eres muy bonita." Johnny said, obviously as he was putting on the charm. He gracefully grab my hand and brought it up to his lips.

This sly bastard. I thought, keeping my smile intact. Besides I didn't want to scare off the one other decent person in this place.

"Gracias." I slipped my hand away, and watched his expression change to amusement.

Catching the hint or something Monica got her drink and glanced at us, "Listen I see Romeo over there.. so I'll be right back."

Johnny nodded his head in response but kept his eyes on me.

"Y'know you never told me your name. Some gentlemen you are." I half joked as he took over Monica's old spot.

He chuckled, his dimples showing more. "Sorry, I'm Jonathan, but everyone calls me Johnny."

"Right, well. I'm going to be completely honest with you. You're the only half way decent person in this fu- freaking place. And let's be real, you're obviously trying to hit on me." I stated flatly, and I was a little taken back by how he responded.

He started to laugh. His laugh was deep, and it seemed to hit me in my soul.

"Not only beautiful but Sharp. Whoever your boyfriend is, he's one lucky man." Johnny finally managed to say in between laughs.

"Reaaal funny, Mr. McSmooth." I rolled my eyes, even though I could feel a small smile coming on.

"Really, I thought it was kinda dry for a joke." He retorted, smiling and raising an eyebrow as well.

He's challenging me... I couldn't help by grin at the thought.

Vrr... Vrr.. My phone started to vibrate. I took it out and saw the number.

Mom.

Seriously?!

Looking back up to Johnny, he shook his head in understanding.

"You must go.. but before you do." He took out a pen and using my free hand as his paper he wrote his number.

_____________________________

Dominic

"Dom, babe, I was thinking. Why don't we just go see a quick movie then afterwards.. go back to our place." Cindy was almost purring as she said this, reaching over the armrest and placing her hand on my thigh.

"Sure, whatever you want." I replied absent mindedly.

I was watching the road, hardly paying any mind to Cindy.

"Dom, seriously?" She questioned squeezing my thigh lightly.

"Mhm."

I turned the steering wheel to the right, driving past a Starbucks and a small deli.

"Dom." Cindy was stern with this. Which caused me to glance at her.

"Cindy, tone." I said sharply. Cindy moved her hand and crossed her arms over her chest. She was annoyed.

"Dominic, you're acting like this because of the whore. Aren't you?"

I raised an eyebrow at her and turned the car into a empty parking lot, before turning towards her.

"Acting like what? You're the one who's acting like a bitch towards Clover."

"Dommy, babe, I love you and you know I do. I do everything I can to prevent some slut from putting her grubby hands on you." Cindy sounded wounded. She was about to cry, and she knew how weak I was towards tears.

My eye twitched in annoyance as I saw the tear trickle down her eye. I had to give her a hug, but I wasn't going to let her win.

Not tonight at least.