Chapter 2

Dominic

I awoke to a soft female voice whispering in my ear.

"Good morning dear."

I opened one of my eyes, squinting to see who it was that addressed me. Turning to my right side I came face to face with a very attractive brunette, who was staring at me seductively with her light green eyes. Her tanned skin against the white pillows brought out a soft glow on her features.

This was Cindy, the supposedly love of my life.

I couldn't help the warm smile I gave her as I leaned over and kissed her forehead.

"Morning."

I stared out the clear windows that lined the opposite wall from the door. The clear sky was evident in assuring that the day was going to be a good day. Cindy got out of bed first, grabbing her robe to cover her half naked body from the view of the outside world.

"Want some breakfast?" She called running a slender hand through her mop of brown hair as she walked out of the room to the kitchen.

"Of course." I called after, finally deciding to sit up. I gave way to a heavy yawn as I swung my feet over the side of the bed.

I hadn't managed to get enough sleep the night before. With the heavy questioning from my father and that faithful encounter I wasn't able to catch a wink. Sleep seemed like the enemy last night. I sighed, shaking my head of the onslaught of thoughts about that girl.

I wasn't even able to get a name out of her, let alone a number. I placed a hand of both sides of my legs, pushing myself up.

Walking swiftly into the bathroom, I glanced at the full body mirror to examine myself.  I wasn't bad looking. If anything, I'd be a dream man for someone walking in Harlem. I raised an eyebrow as I continued to make different expressions. And how can someone say 'No' to these piercing eyes? I thought, staring at my abs.

"Babe, if you're taking a shower don't be long!"

I shouldn't be worried about someone who wasn't in the same social class. I chuckled at my own thoughts. I had just about everything I wanted, so why, why was that woman still in my mind?

I turned on the shower, hoping the hot water and steam would clear away my thoughts. To no avail. I kept seeing her face, she looked adorable holding back her laughter. I stared at the ceiling as the hot water droplets attacked my skin. I ran my hand through my hair in deep thought.

__________________________________________________

I cleaned up nicely, my face was freshly shaved and my hair was combed back revealing my powerful eyes. I was wearing a nice pair of Khakis pants,  along with a blue button down shirt and sperrys. I sat at the dining room table with my phone in hand and my reading glasses placed conveniently on the table.

"Going somewhere today babe?" Cindy questioned, her face full of wonderment and questions as she walked over and placed the food on the table.

I glanced at her and then back at my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, jotting down numbers with my stylis. Sliding back the stylis in its slot in the phone, I placed my phone on the table near my silverware. Cindy stood over me, still somewhat waiting for a reply.

"Business. My father asked me to drop by this shop he invested in. Some type of Antique shop or whatever." I picked up the fork and knife, beginning to cut the omlette Cindy prepared.

"Then let me come, I miss going on business trips with you." Cindy gracefully positioned her hands on my shoulder, massaging them in order to persuade me.