Chapter 7

Dominic

Three days after I got finished with my business meeting, I decided to send Clover a text explaining what the schedule will be when I returned to New York.

Clover, two days from now we'll be taking the first set of pictures. Remember to practice everything that I taught you. If you need assistance remember you can video chat with me. Regardless see you tomorrow for our small 30 minute practice.
C; good luck

Certain that Clover had got my text and was choosing to ignore it I went about getting ready for the next day, as I watched Cindy cook me dinner.

The next day, of course I was at the set before Clover. Making sure everything was in order. I walked around the large room that was set on the fourth floor of the White Corp building. I say assistances moving racks of clothing back and forth and crew members moving a beautiful red love seat onto the corner of the white screen.

"So, is Clover ready for the shoot?" our head photographer, John, asked.

John was wearing his glasses as he looked down at his tablet that was laying on his lap. His long hair pulled back into a messy man bun that seemed to be in nowadays.

"Yes, I do believe so, and do you have the male model ready?" I questioned, glancing at John, and he merely shrugged his shoulders, before excusing himself to check on his crew.

I stood alone for a few moments, watching people scurry around to and from with things in their hands. It only took me a few moments to feel a presence beside me. I turned locked eyes with my father.

He raised an eyebrow at me and motioned for me to follow him to a side room.

Once the door clicked shut my father started his onslaught of questions that weren't really necessary.

"So, Dom, will you be asking Cindy for her hand in marriage?"

I groaned, rolling my eyes, "Dad, not right now."

"If not now, then when?" He countered, obviously trying to use his authority against me.

I ignored him, running a hand through my hair, something I do when I'm annoyed. "Dad, I'm young. I have a LOT of time, before I need to start worrying about marriage. There's a lot of fishes in the sea, maybe I want to catch some more?"

My father looked at me, and was about to open his mouth when I got a text from Clover.

You don't have to come over, I don't need your help. Plus, it's going to rain soon and it'll be a pain if you're stranded with me.

I smiled down at my phone and looked up to see my father staring at me with a straight face, that meant he was thinking, that was never good.

Clearing my throat and pocketing my phone I said, "And there's my cue. I'll speak with you later."

___________________________________

Clover

I could hear the soft drops of rain hitting the windows and internally groaned. I had a sneaking suspicion that Dominic was goin- breaking my train of thought a voice called into my condo.

"Honey I'm home." Dominic called into the home.

I rolled my eyes, and walked up to him as he was stripping off his black trench coat that had specks of rain droplets on it. I catch my breath as once again he had a black button down shirt unbutton down to the third button, and was beginning to roll up his sleeves.

He had a goofy smile on his face, as he stared down at me.

"Come on, we might as well practice in vacant condo downstairs. I came all this way in the rain." He commented, leaving his coat ontop of my kitchen island.

"Or you can just go home and we do an impromptu practice before the pictures start tomorrow" I replied, crossing my arms over my chest staring up at his slightly damp hair.

"I haven't seen you in a while since the business trip, what kind of teacher would I be if I allowed you not to practice in my presence." He started off light, but he had his deviously smile forming as he tilted his head back a little, "Downstairs. Now."

There it was again, that shiver that ran down my body when he looked at me as if he wanted to control me. The very look that put people in their place.

I breathed deeply, uncrossing my arms and giving him a look before pushing Dominic back towards the door.

"Fine, get your ass downstairs."

I followed after him and inwardly scolded myself for feeling the way that I did. It was slowly becoming obvious that I'm weak to certain looks that Dominic gives me.

We opted to take the stairs and made it to a door to a condo very similar to mine, but there was shoes lining the inside.

Dominic allowed me to walk in first, and I glanced back at him, "Is this your way of inviting me to your house."

I decided to turn the tables, I gave him a flirtatious look that he taught me how to perfect, " Not without buying me dinner first."

His eyes darken as smirked at me, and walked towards me causing me to back up.

"Looks like you were practicing" He teased seductively, as he reached out to place his hands on my shoulders.

His hands caught their purchase and he lightly rubbed his thumbs in circles on my skin.

Great day to wear a muscle shirt I thought sarcastically to myself, as I let him step closer to me.

I had to look up at him to and his eyes held a fire, that I had seen since the first time I met him. I swallowed and looked down eye firmly on his chest.

Taking a deep breath I placed my hands ontop of his, and removed them from my shoulders.

"What did I tell you about keeping your hands to yourself?" I quizzed him, tilting my head back at him. My voice a tad bit shaky.

"I know, we're just friends but I couldn't pass up that chance." He admitted moving back and motioning for me to continue walking to the living room.

"Don't even try, I'm not falling for your white boy charm. You aren't getting with this swirl. " I replied bluntly, which made him laugh. He has such an adorable fucking laugh... I thought quickly shaking my head at the thought.

"Anyways, let's get down to business." he grabbed my hand and gently pulled me up. "Stand tall, and focus." Dominic's voice took on a whole new level of seriousness.

The strict model demon made his appearance.

Without much trouble I did what was asked of me, and if I didn't do something right I had to do push ups. We were at it for hours, until the sounds of rain pouring harder than before interrupted the practice.

"Down..." he waited.. "Up.." I did my last push up, with a frown on my face.

Dominic looked at his watch before staring out the window which was covered in rain droplets. I stayed in the push up position waiting for him to say get up. Almost like magic he said the magic words, "Get up."

I mumbled curse words as I gladly stood up. "It's raining kind of hard, what do we do?" I questioned, stretching my arms as I studied his features.

To be honest, he looked great in anything he wore, his black shirt hugged his muscles and his piercing brown eyes were gazing into mine. "You know, it's rude to stare." he teased taking a step closer.

I swallowed and cursed at myself for obvious, "Well, you have a face of a model." I said aloud half honestly.

His smiled widened as he slowed his advances, "Why thank you."

In that instance his phone ringed, and the room was silent. I cleared my throat and I glanced at his phone, "Are you going to get it?" I asked shifting from foot to foot.

He watched me, before mumbling something I couldn't catch about something be difficult but answered the phone, sparring me one last glance and mouthing sorry "Yes, Cindy? I'll be fine."

Dominic walked into a room and closed the door, leaving me by myself. I let out a loud sigh and slumped onto the couch.

"Well... it could be worst"