Chapter 3

Dominic

It was clear to me that Clover felt threatened by Cindy's presence. I didn't think too much on it though as I asked her my final question.

"Is the owner or head manager here?"

She shook her head, "Neither is here today, I'm the only one who seems to be in charge for the time being."

I turned to Cindy who was glaring the younger female down. "Cin, go and shop." I politely ordered. She opened her mouth to protest, but I raised my hand to silence her.

Using the same hand I went into my pocket and pulled out my wallet. Clover watched as I handed Cindy about 500 dollars in cash to spend.

"I'll be across the street at the designer botique then." Cindy smiled, kissing me on the cheek before giving another displeased look toward Clover.

"Quite the looker you got there." Clover stated bluntly as she placed the book in her hand carefully and skillfully back onto the shelf.

"If this is your way of trying to 'hook' up with someone then you must have life truly fucked up." She added, her attention now on me.

"Well, I didn't know you'd be here." I retorted, "It's not like I was expecting to see you working at such a place."

Her mouth almost fell open at my comment, "Oh is it because I'm black? Where did you expect to see me work?"

She was livid, but she was trying her hardest not to blow up in from of the other patrons who happened to be shopping. Glancing around the store she grabbed my hand and pulled me to the back of the store where a small office was held. Opening the door she shoved me into the room and closed it behind her.

"Where do you get off?" She asked sourly as she crossed her arms over her chest with a clear look of annoyance in her beautiful hazel eyes.

"Firstly, no, its not because your black." I stated truthfully, "I was just a bit shocked to see you working in an Antique place."

She bit her lip thinking quietly about her next move. She really was a gorgeous girl.

"Whatever, just tell my why you're really here since you weren't stalking me." She finally said her tone a bit nicer then before.

"Business, my father invested in this store and asked me to come check out the sale, income, etc." I explained, taking out my phone and showing the charts and graphs I had already set up for the store.

"Right, well I don't have all the necessary paperwork to help you fill all of that out."

We stood in silent for a minute, before I spoke again.

"Would you like to have dinner tonight?" I spoke the words easily, using my charm and prince like smile.

Clover started to laugh, not even holding back this time. Her laughter filled the room as she looked up at me to make sure it wasn't some type of joke.

"You can't be serious, I'm not going to be some ones mistress." She said in between laugh, holding her stomach.

I walked towards her, causing her to back up against the desk. I placed both hand on either side of her body, blocking her way. Clover had finally stopped laughing and stared at me.

"Fine, at least call me." I asked not allowing my gaze to falter as I stared into her eyes.

Clover stood up straight, causing me to lean back a bit as she considered the notion. Eyes on each other she moved her beautiful hand into my pocket. Pulling out my phone she turned the screen towards me.

"Unlock it." She ordered in a some what defeated tone.

I did as she asked and unlocked the phone. Clover took the phone and sighed as she put her phone number in.

"You call me, after you and that girl break up. Or you could pay me for my company."

She gave me an ultimatum.

"How much are you asking for?" I questioned easing away from her.

"As much as you're willing to give me." She smirked, handing me back my phone, "It was nice seeing you Dominic."

With that she left me alone in an unknown office.

_____________________________________________________

Clover

I was in pure amazement at how straight forward this white guy was. I didn't have a lot of white friends aside from Pepper, and even she wasn't like him.

"The rich sure come from another world." Pepper commented as we sat in a booth at five guys, taking a much needed lunch break.

"They're just like us, but snobs." I retorted plainly as my stomach made a soft growl noise.

"Not everyone is a snob."

"The ones I meet are." I grumbled softly taking a sip of my soda.

"You just need to get out more." Pepper argued drinking her lemonade as the waiter came back with our food.

We both shared a plate of 50 hot wings with mildly heavy seasoning on the fries. I didn't realize how hungry I was until I finished side of wings in under 20 mins. Pepper giggled at me as I let out a content sigh.

"Honestly with as much food you eat, its amazing you don't grow." She teased finishing up her side.

I took another sip of my soda, giving Pepper a soft smile before looking out the window. The day was still busy, as the street was filled with many different people and traffic still seemed bad. Across the street, a building had a giant tv playing news of a surprise encounter with Margret White and her son..

"Isn't that Dominic?" Pepper questioned turning her attention to what I was staring at.

"Hmm?"  I started to pay better attention to the screen, and of course it was Dominic.

"Man, he really is rich.. so that means that lady we saw today had to be his lover." Pepper was a horrid gossip and she got excited with any type of scoop she got. She even had a blog to top it off.

I couldn't help but laugh at her crazy ways, before my phone started to ring.

Unknown Caller.

Pepper stopped talking and stared at me, waiting for me to pick up. Sighing I pressed accept and put the phone to my ear.

"Is this Clover." Came a strong males voice.

"Um, yes.. Who is it?" I asked looking over to Pepper and mouthing, 'I dunno.'

"This is Mr.White and in order not to cause a scene with the press, i was given your number. Your father was caught dealing in front of White headquarters."

I almost choked on my drink, "Excuse me?"

"It's best you come as soon as possible." And with that the conversation ended.

"What happened?" Pepper said staring at my features as I tensed. Her face was full of concern as she watched my movements

"I'm going into the lions den..." I replied, slowly standing.