Chapter 12

Clover

"Pepper, call the cops for me." I instructed to her before hanging up my phone.

I arrived to my old home as fast as I could. I could hear the shouting and the cries of apologies from outside the house.

Mom?! I gave the cab driver the proper amount before slamming the door shut and racing to the front door.

I pushed open the door and stared as Leroy glared hard at my mother. His fist clenched tight at his sides.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I glared at him, taking small steps towards him.

He quickly turned his attention to me, his demeanor changing to something more violent. "This ain't none of you mutha'fuckin business. Get the fuck out my house."

I had to stall for time. The cops were going to show at any moment.
"Why don't you make me, jackass." I countered smirking at his reaction.

He took a step towards me. I glanced towards my mom, and nodded my head towards the door. Which, thankfully, she got up shakingly.

Leroy, looked towards my mom, and it was almost priceless how red his face got.

"You come in my house, actin like you run shit." He growled, taking a menacing step towards me.

"I sure as hell do." I gave him the bird as the sounds of siren came.

I stood my ground unto the cops walked into the house and Leroy started to change his stance.

"I have my rights!!! I ain't done shit!! The cops always tryin to lock a n---" I tuned out for the last bit.

"Hey, he was drinking." I told one of the cops before walking out of the house and going to my mom who was standing on the side walk.

She looked scared and she pulled me into a tight hug. "Sorry baby, you had to come back to this mess."

"It's fine mom, you just go with the emc's to the hospital and get checked out." I hugged back, "I'll get you tomorrow morning."

She nodded her tired looking head and walked over to the Medics.

________________

"Wow... Well there is one good thing with today." Pepper commented, finishing up the dinner she was making.

"Yeah?" I mumbled laying my face on the cool marble of the countertop.

"You got someone's number." She said cheerfully in an attempt to cheer me up.

I lazily lifted up the hand with the number on it. "You text him for me."

Pepper stared at me in a quizzical manner before complying. I listened to her hum Smile HD, as she picked up my phone and turned up the volume just so I could hear her text.

_______________

Dominic

I skipped the movie and pulled into the parking garage. Cindy was done with her 'crying' and was now chatting on the phone with one of her friends.

"Yeah. Yeah, Dom just bought me home." She chatted on.

I rolled my eyes and made my way to the elevator leading to our condo. She followed, her heels clicking on the ground.

I didn't say much as the elevator dinged to our floor. I made my way to the door and unlocked it. Almost letting the door hit on Cindy.

She made a noise before the door could hit her.
"I'll have to call you back." I heard her say.

I walked into the kitchen, and grabbed a glass cup from the cupboard.

"Seriously, Dom?" Cindy called, and I could hear the clicks of her heels drawing nearer.

I went to the fridge and pulled out a carton of juice.

"Dom, I thought we handled this in the car." She breathed standing opposite of me.
She ran a hand threw her hair and sucked her teeth.

I went on my way and poured the juice into my glass. I glanced at Cindy, who was staring back at me pretty hard.

"Yes?" I questioned putting the juice back into the fridge.

"I thought we handled this before." She started advancing towards me.

I brought my drink to my lips and took a sip as I stepped back. She stopped and rolled her eyes.

"What do you want from me?" She huffed taking small steps towards me.

I took a seat on the couch and placed my drink on the table before turning my head back to Cindy.

"I want you to stop being a bitch to Clover."
She scoffed, looking away and then back to me. "Dom, seriously? I-"

I cut her off, "Listen, I get it. You don't like her, but you won't insult Clover. Clover hasn't done anything to you, and you will respect her."

She started to say something but she didn't. Cindy walked away, mumbling something under her breath.

Fuck... I sighed, taking out my phone. Tempted to call Clover, I decided to call my best friend. Hunter.