Chapter 17

Dominic

I knew what was coming before it was even said. 

"Dominic, we're going to see your father for lunch." Mother said swiftly, turning on her heels. Her boots clicking on the marble floor.

I was already trying to appease Cindy, who wasn't taking the bait. When my mother said what she needed, I was already done with trying  with Cindy.

"Cindy, go home by yourself. I have some place to be." I told her, grabbing my coat and following after my mother without waiting to hear Cindy's reply. 

Mother was waiting patiently for me in front of the elevator, and upon my arrival she walked into the open elevator and clicked the button that had a number 1 on it. Her quietness meant that she was obviously thinking.

I knew my mother, and I knew she was probably thinking about the kiss that I gave Clover. 

"Before you say anything, it was just a peck on the-" I started to say, but when she turned to face me I kept quiet. 

"Dominic, you are aware that I was there, yes?" She asked raising an eyebrow, and resting a hand on her hip. 

I frowned, she only used that tone of voice when she was annoyed by something. I was about to say something else, but she turned away from me and looked back at the elevator doors. 

"We'll talk about it with your father." She added this time her voice was its normal velvety tone. 

I was still frowning as we made our way out of the elevator. A couple of people smiled at us, a young adult female practically squealed at seeing my mother. Being the respectable lady that she is, my mother waved to the girl before putting on her signature shades. 

The weather was nice for fall and the sky looked beautiful, though the sun was hidden behind one of the skyscrapers. I waved at some of the approaching fans before climbing into the car next to my mother. 

The car ride was mainly quiet, and I actually didn't mind. I was thinking too much about today, and how to handle Cindy. I took my phone out of my pocket, I upgraded to a note 4 a couple of days back, and stared at pictures that I had in my gallery. Some were old photos I had taken with Cindy, back when I was so sure about her. I felt my heart drop a little, it was nearly the time to seriously consider breaking up with her. 

I sighed and placed my phone back in my pocket, deciding to just look out of the window at the city, and the people that we passed. The drive didn't last long, before I knew it we were driving into the parking garage of the famous White Corp. 

The whole journey to my fathers' office was silent, and the silence was starting to bug me. I guess my mother noticed my frustration, because she finally said something as we neared the door to my fathers' office. 

"Dominic, I'm sorry I snapped at you. You know mommy loves you." 

I gave her a small smile, "I know mother, I love you too." 

She stood a little straighter, leaned over, and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before pushing open the doors to my fathers' office. As if he was waiting for us to show up, my father turned from where he was standing with a glass of scotch in his hand. 

He had the biggest smile on his face, the smile of absolute adoration. I looked from him to my mother and I could tell they were sending messages to each other using just their eyes, because his smile started to falter a bit. 

"Honey, Slugger. Nice of you two to join me." He spoke, one hand in his pocket the other holding the scotch. 

He started his walk over to us, stopping at the couches and gesturing for us to take a seat. We complied and my mother took the seat directly beside father. I took the adjacent seat across from them.