23. Break ups

They all run, and the alpha busts the door down. On the second floor, they hide in the Chemistry lab. Scott amusingly places a very small stool under the door to keep it closed, Veronica had cloaked everyone, under her breath, seconds before the alpha ran past the room. Scott asks Jackson how many people his car can hold. Jackson tells him 5, which Allison seriously doubts because she barely fit in the back alone.

"Oh great. I'm going to die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy." Veronica groaned, repeating the phrase she had said before the whole mess started.

"What's your problem?" Justin replied snarkly.

"¿Qué pasa con mi actitud? ¿Qué pasa con la tuya? No has hecho nada más que culparme por faltar a nuestra cita cuando he estado ocupado tratando de no morir. Lydia no ha sido de ayuda desde que la sacó de ella porque ha estado demasiado ocupada actuando como estúpida porque el ego de Jackson no puede soportar que ella sea más inteligente que él. Jackson ha estado ladrando órdenes como si estuviera a cargo, pero no lo está. Allison ha estado cuestionando todo a pesar de que no tenemos la menor idea. Y Scott y Stiles son unos completos idiotas. Y todo lo que quiero hacer es quedarme dormido en mi cama y no tener que preocuparme por ser asesinado en mi propia escuela."

(What's with my attitude? What's with yours? You've done nothing but blame me for missing our 'date' when I've been busy trying not to die. Lydia has been no help since she got here from here because she's been too busy acting stupid because Jackson's ego can't handle her being smarter than him. Jackson has been barking orders like he's in charge but he's not. Allison has been questioning everything even though we have absolutely no clue. And Scott and Stiles are complete utter idiots. And all I want to do is fall asleep in my bed and not have to worry about being murdered in my own school.)

    "Does anyone actually know what she said?" Jackson asked and everyone turned to him and nodded.

    "We're all idiots." Stiles said with a sigh.

Scott then suggests they use the stairs from the lab to the roof and climb down the fire escape. The door, however, is dead bolted. The janitor has a key, but it means going back to the basement to find his body. Though Veronica would have just ripped the lock off if it was her and blame it on adrenaline if she was Scott.

Scott says that he's going to go get the key. Allison tells him that he can't go out there unarmed, and Lydia points out that she can make a self-igniting molotov cocktail from the chemicals in the lab. Everyone gives her a stunned look, and she tries to play innocent. Jackson smashes open the cabinet, and Lydia gets to mixing. She asks Jackson for the sulphuric acid, but he's not sure which bottle it is and just hands her one. Scott takes the flask, but Allison tries to tell him that he can't go. She explains that he has a tell and she knows he's been lying all night. Jackson smirks. Veronica spoke up and offered to go with him which caused Justin and Stiles to give her an shocked look.

Allison begs Scott not to go, but he tells Stiles to lock the door behind them. Allison kisses him goodbye.

Scott and Veronica head down the stairs to the first floor and follows the scent of blood to the gym. They find the janitor's body strung up under the bleachers.