11. Lacrosse

"You gonna try to convince me not to play?" Scott asked as Stiles, Mattheo, and Veronica, in her cheer costume, sat on the bench in the locker room.

    "I just hope you know what you're doing..." Veronica smiled at him as Stiles put his arm around her.

    "If I don't play, I lose first line and Allison." Scott said sincerely believing it. Veronica putting a comforting hand on his leg before speaking.

    "Allison's not going anywhere." She said softly as she looked over to Stiles,"And it's one game that you really don't need to play." she said trying to reassure him.

    "I wanna play. I wanna be on the team. I wanna go out with Allison. I want a semi-freaking normal life! Do you get that?" Scott ranted frustrated.

    "We get it! Just try not to worry too much while you're out there, okay?" Stiles said to him,"...Or get too angry..."

    "I got it." Scott said rolling his eyes at his friend.

    "Or stressed..." Veronica added smiling at the two boys.

    "I got it." Scott replied giving her the 'Are you serious right now' face.

    "Don't think about Allison being in the stands... or that her father's trying to kill you... or that Derek's trying to kill you... or the girl he killed... or that you might kill someone... if a Hunter doesn't kill you first-" Stiles finished off before seeing the look of disapproval on Scott's face,"I'm sorry. I'll stop. Good luck!"

"Alright. I'll see you out there." She smiled before leaving the locker room.

Veronica waved at Scott as he ran onto the field. Trying her best to ignore the look Stiles was giving her as he sat next to the girl. Not being able to help the smile growing on her face as he watched her intensely. 

    "Vee, Hey!" A voice said causing Stiles to look away quickly, Veronica turning to Justin motioning for him to take the seat on the other side of her, nodding his head at Stiles with a slight smile,"What's up bro. how's it going?"

Stiles clearing his throat before talking, "Its going great man. You?" Veronica looked at her strangely.

    "Let me get back to you on that." He said before turning to Her,"How are you Vee."

    "Never been better." She said sarcastically before offering him a soft smile,"No but I'm great."

     "Yep doing great Stiles." Justin joked as Veronica shook her head as a smile crept onto her face.

    "So before you ask. I thought about your offer, I've hung out with the same two boys my entire life so I guess expanding my human interactions wouldn't hurt." Veronica smiled jokingly. Stiles looked at her with a pang in his heart.

    "Really? That's. That's great." He said shocked in her answer. He asked her but he never expected her to say yes.

    "Can I text you when the best time for me is?" she asked smiling at him. Stiles unknowingly clenching his jaw.

    "Yes yeah. No of course. Whenever you can!" He smiled before walking away from the two.

    "What are you doing Ronnie?" Stiles asked her.

    "I'm taking your advice for once, Stilinski." she said smiling at her friend. She was ignoring the feeling in her gut that was telling her she'd regret saying yes. "I'm not gonna date him, just be friends." Veronica looked further down the bench at the curly haired Isaac Lahey. He looked over her and she smiled.

    "Hey, kids." Sheriff said walking up to the two kids sitting on the bench.

    "Hey!" Stiles smiled.