22. Night School

The three run for a set of doors at the end of the hallway. They try to bust through, but there's a Dumpster on the other side holding the doors closed. Stiles shoves at the door in desperation and announces that he's not dying at school, of all places. Scott makes him stop. Stiles asks what the alpha wants, and Scott tells him that it wants a pack. "Oh, great, a psychotic werewolf who's into teamwork. That's beautiful," Stiles replies.

They stop and spot the alpha on the roof of the school through the hallway windows. It leaps down after them, and they run. They turn into the stairwell and fly down the steps to the first floor.

The three of them then run into a basement full of old lockers, with the alpha close on their tails. It doesn't quite seem to know where they are, and Scott and Veronica motion for Stiles to run. Stiles decides that they need to do more than just run. They spot a lockable room, and he decides that they're going to try to trap it. He pulls out his keys and tosses them into the room. When the alpha goes for it, he slams the door shut, and they try to block it with a desk. It seems to have worked, and they smile at their cleverness.

Now that the alpha is trapped, Stiles decides he wants to get a better look at it. Scott's pretty sure this is the worst idea Stiles has ever had, but he doesn't stop him. Stiles tries to get a look and tells the alpha that he's not scared of him. He doesn't have to be scared because it's trapped. But as he's talking, the alpha rips through the ceiling and escapes. The boys take off running again, Stiles grabbed her hand before they got too far ahead of her.

Scott is able to hear Allison's ringer and knows that she's at the school. Scott calls her and asks her where she is. She tells him she's at the pools, and he tells her to go to the lobby immediately. Allison, Veronica, Scott, and Stiles meet up, and Scott wants to know what she's doing there. She shows him the text where he supposedly asked her to be there. He tells her he didn't send it, and she tells him that Jackson, Justin, and Lydia are there also.

Justin, Jackson and Lydia meet them in the lobby, Justin immediately begins smarting off to Veronica about the girl missing their date. Veronica wasn't aware that there was a date. Veronica shushed him as she heard something upstairs. Instantly Stiles grabbed her hand and the alpha comes crashing down through the ceiling. They all run. They go into the cafeteria, and Scott locks the door at the top and bottom. Scott starts moving things in front of the door, while Stiles tries to tell everyone to stop. They ignore him, all except for Veronica who turns around to look at him, and keep stacking everything in front of the door in orderly fashion.

When he finally yells loudly enough that they listen, he asks,“Great work guys. Seriously.. now.. what should we do about the 20-foot wall of windows?!” They all stare, dumbfounded.

Allison asks Scott what's going on and what that thing was. Scott just moves away from her and doesn't say anything. Veronica looked over at Stiles, he was already staring at her. They stare at one another before he takes over and tells them that someone killed the janitor. Everyone starts to freak out then. Lydia says that it was supposed to be over because the mountain lion is dead. Jackson says that it was never a mountain lion to begin with, and Allison demands to know what the killer wants. She asks who it is, and in desperation, Veronica looked over at Scott, As well as Stiles. Scott tells them it's Derek.

Stiles and Veronica look appalled. Veronica was absolutely disgusted at Scott. Derek's corpse hadn't even began to rot and Scott was blaming everything on him. Derek had done nothing but try to help him and now Scott was blaming him for murder.

Scott keeps going with this story, telling everyone that Derek has been killing people around town while Veronica glared at him, her eyes a dangerous shade of green. If they don't escape, he's going to kill them, too. Jackson suggests calling the cops, but Stiles tells him no, arguing that they don't know what he's armed with. "Your dad is armed with an entire Sheriff's department. Call him!" Jackson argues reasonably. Lydia calls 911, but the operator hangs up on her. They got a tip that there would be prank calls about a break-in at the high school. If she calls again, they'll trace the call and arrest her. Allison tells her to call again, but Stiles explains that they won't trace a cell and will instead go to Lydia's house before coming to the school.

Allison wants to know why Derek would be killing anyone, and everyone looks at Scott for an answer. Scott gets extra defensive, and Stiles and Veronica pull him aside to calm things down. Stiles congratulates him on throwing Derek under the bus in a not entirely approving way, and Scott figured that if Derek was dead he wouldn't mind. Veronica had shot him a look before smacking the back of his head. What Scott can't figure out is why the alpha is cornering them rather than killing them. Derek told him that the alpha wants revenge, so maybe it was about getting Allison to the school to kill her.

Jackson breaks up their pow-wow and suggests that Stiles call his dad and tell him to send someone with a gun and decent aim. Stiles won't drag his dad into this, and Jackson goes after Stiles to steal his phone. Stiles punches him in the face. Veronica let out a shocked yelp while grabbing Stiles's shoulders to pull him back as Allison goes to see if Jackson is okay, and Stiles gives in.

    "Okay honestly Sti. That was hot. Punching Jackson. I've never been more attracted to you honestly.” She said to him.

He calls his dad and gets voicemail. He leaves a message just as the alpha starts trying to bust in the door. As they all watch the door rattling to pieces, Stiles says that the door from the kitchen leads to the stairwell. "Which only goes up!" Scott says. "Up is better than here," Stiles replies.

    "My legs really hurt." Veronica whined.