15. Like Death

Veronica, Mattheo and Stiles getting into his jeep,"Stiles you really don't have to help me study. It's just one F." she assured him.

"One F leads to multiple Fs. And you hate getting Fs. Besides you need to have that dream again." he said driving off and Stopping immediately as Derek walked out infront of the car.

"Oh, my God!" Veronica said spotting Derek. Find Derek. Her mother's voice rang in her ear.

"Oh, no, no, no! No, not here!" Scott panicked rushing over towards him.

"You've gotta be kidding me. This guy's everywhere." Stiles complained as Veronica rushed out the car seeing as Derek fell over.

"What the hell? What are you doing here?" Scott asked him. Veronica was already on her knees at his side.

"I was shot." Derek said to them bitterly.

"He's not looking so good, dude..." Stiles said to Scott.

"Gee. Thanks Captain obvious." Veronica said sarcastically before turning to Derek,"Why aren't you healing?"

"I can't. It was-it was a different kind of bullet." Derek panted.

"A silver bullet?" Stiles asked idiotically.

"No, you idiot-" Derek started to say irritably before getting cut off.

"Is it a magic bullet?" Veronica asked him sarcastically as he gave her an angry look. "Okay. Sorry."

"Wait, wait-- that's what she meant when she said you had forty-eight hours..." Scott asked confusing Veronica.

"What? Who-who said forty-eight hours?" Derek asked him.

"The one who shot you." Scott said exasperatedly as Derek's eyes started glowing Blue,"What are you doing? Stop that!"

"That's what I'm trying to tell you — I can't." Derek said to them.

"Derek, get up!" Veronica said to him sternly,"Help me put him in your car." Veronica said to Stiles as she helped him up listening to all the angry car honking. She and Scott putting him in the backseat next to Mattheo.

"I need you to find out what kind of bullet they used." Derek said to Scott.

"How the hell am I supposed to do that?" Scott asked him.

"'Cause she's an Argent. She's with them." Derek answered.

"Why should I help you?" Scott asked Derek.

"Scott!" Veronica said scoldingly. "We keep Derek safe." She took aback at her protective tone.

Veronica looked back to Derek. He looked so weak and helpless. She honestly felt kind of bad. She liked Derek. He wasn't as bad as Scott and Stiles think he is. He's only human. Well. Sort of.

"Because you need me." Derek said weakly.

Scott sighing in defeat since Veronica was glaring holes in the side of his face,"Fine. I'll try." he said before turning to Stiles who was getting in the driver seat,"Hey, get him out of here."

"Come on Stiles." Veronica rushed getting in the passenger.

"I hate you for this so much." Stiles said to Scott before driving off.

Veronica has been in Stiles' jeep plenty of times. But never has there been a dying werewolf in the back with them. Veronica looking down at her phone at a text from Justin;

Justin

Hey. Got a surprise for you. Come over when you can.

She sighed at the text before reluctantly responding.