19. Teenage Yoda

Scott walked into the class room and his eyes instantly went to his two friends who looked away from him, angrily.

"Still not talking to me?" Scott asked his two best friends who weren't talking to him because they thought it was his fault that Stiles' dad and Veronica's aunt got hurt, Stiles pressed his tongue against the inside of his cheek angrily,"Okay, can you at least tell me if your parent's are okay? It's just a bruise, right? Some soft tissue damage? Nothin' that big-- You know I feel really bad about it, right?"

"Her aunt has 2 broken ribs from pushing the sheriff out of the way. The sheriff could've been seriously hurt she said. She thinks that it should have been you keeping the sheriff safe. She says that it's your job, now. Now she's saying with great power comes great responsib- Are you quoting spiderman?" Justin quickly became sidetracked as Veronica texted him her responses.

"Okay. What if I told you that I'm trying to figure this whole thing out, and... that I went to Derek for help?" Scott sighed desperate for his friends' attention Justin glancing over at Veronica as he waited for her reaction. Her nose scrunched up in curiosity, as it always did when Derek was mentioned, but she immediately relaxed it.

"If I was talking to you, I'd say that you're an idiot for trusting him. But, obviously, I'm not talking to you..." Stiles said sternly before giving up with a sigh and the two turned around at exactly the same time,"...What did he say?" He asked as Scott smiled. Scott went on to explain to them what Derek had said to him.

"Wh--? He wants you to tap into your animal side and get angry?" Veronica asked incredulously as the four left their classroom after class. Veronica was limping slightly still, her sprain taking a little longer than usual to heal.

"Yeah..." Scott nodded at the girl.

"All right, well, correct me if I'm wrong, but every time you do that, you try to kill someone, and that someone's usually me." Stiles said to him sarcastically.

"I know. That's what he means when he says he doesn't know if he can teach me. I have to be able to control it." Scott said explained to the three.

"Well, how's he gonna teach you to do that?" Justin asked Scott who shrugged before he started speaking.

"I don't know. I don't think he does, either..."

"Okay. When are you seeing him again?" Stiles questioned Scott.

"He told me not to talk about it. Just act normal and get through the day." Scott said slightly avoiding the conversation.

"When?" Veronica questioned him sternly this time.

"He's picking me up at the animal clinic after work." Scott admitted to the three.

"After work. All right. Well, that gives us to the end of the school day, then..." Stiles nodded looking at Veronica and Justin who nodded in response. Stiles noticing how Justin attempted to put his arms around Veronica, and how she suddenly dropped her pen so that she'd have to crouch to pick it up.

"To do what?" Scott frowned.

"To teach you Ourselves." Stiles said as Veronica high fived him excitedly. She clearly thought this would be fun. Her eyes caught sight of a familiar head of hair but it quickly disappeared around the corner.

"The what of who?" Lydia asked Allison boredly as the three girls sat together during lunch.

"The Beast of Gevaudan. Listen--" Allison said to them before reading aloud,"A quadruped wolf-like monster, prowling the Auvergne and south Dordogne areas of France during the year 1764 to 1767. La Bête killed over a hundred people, becoming so infamous that the King Louis XXV sent one of his best hunters to try and kill it."