Chapter Twenty-five

Gun automatically closed his eyes when he noticed that Off was about to wake up.

He didn't want Off to see him gawking at him in his sleep so he shut his eyes instead and made fake light snores.

He felt him move on his seat and he had this gut feeling that Off was staring at him.

He knew it.

He could feel it.

He went on with his acting, breathing slowly and snoring lightly to save his face and to avoid awkward situation between them.

His acting went on for several minutes when Off suddenly chuckled and ruffled his hair.

"Stop pretending to be asleep. I know you're awake."

His breath hitched but he went on pretending.

"Oh come on, Gun. I know you so well. You don't breathe like that when you're sleeping."

That was his cue to open his eyes. He slowly stretched his arms and yawned as he slowly opened his eyes, fully putting on a "just woke up" show.

He immediately saw Off smiling at him.

He shifted on his seat and faced front to avoid Off's gaze.

"You don't have to pretend when you're around me. You've fallen asleep in my arms countless times, Gun. I know even the way you breathe in your sleep."

Gun didn't respond and just cleared his throat.

"I miss mornings like this. I've always loved seeing your face first thing in the morning."

He fiddled with his fingers to distract himself from stealing glances at Off whose eyes never left him.

"We should get back. My boyfriend might be looking for me," he said as he glanced at Off who didn't even move a single muscle.

"I'm already here though."

He furrowed his eyebrows as soon as he heard Off's answer.

He turned to him and gave him a disinterested look.

"Ex-boyfriend," he replied, putting too much emphasis on the first syllable.

"You broke up with me. I didn't break up with you. So technically I'm still your boyfriend."

He sighed aggressively as he watched Off smile from ear to ear.

"You're delusional. Let's go. I need to go back. Jaylerr might be looking for me. And isn't your fiancée looking for you? You should be seeing her face first thing in the morning, not mine."

"You look cute when you're jealous."

"Excuse me?! Who said I'm jealous?"

"Well, aren't you?"

"Of course I'm not!"

Off just chuckled at him and reached out a hand to touch his cheek.

"Your face is red."

Gun almost cussed the moment Off caressed his cheek with his thumb.

"I-I have to go back. I have to see Jaylerr," his voice cracked as he spoke.

"Happy supposed to be 7th year anniversary, love."

Gun froze as Off spoke those words.

He then remembered the date.

It was supposed to be their 7th anniversary, if only they didn't break up.

A tear slowly fell down his cheek.