Chapter Twenty

Six years ago.

"Hi I'm Mild. Off's fiancee."

Off immediately covered Mild's mouth in the hopes of stopping her from blabbering more information.

"HA! HA! HA! You're such a joker Mild. Gun, this is Mild, my childhood friend. She just transferred here. Don't mind her. She likes to crack jokes a lot."

"Nice to meet you Mild."

Gun smiled, oblivious of the stares Off had been giving Mild.

"Why don't you go to your building now, Mild. Classes are about to start," Off said in a low tone.

Off tried to shoo Mild away in the most subtle way while stealing glances at Gun who had an innocent smile on his face.

"Go with me then. Please?"

Off looked at Gun like he was waiting for Gun to say something.

"Send her first Off. She might get lost on her way. We'll wait for you in the classroom."

"I'll be quick," Off replied as he dragged Mild away from the rest of the group, his steps getting bigger and faster as he kept reminding himself to keep calm.

"Don't you ever do it again, Mild or I'll forget we're actually childhood friends to begin with," Off said with clenched teeth as she dragged Mild while she struggled to keep up with Off's fast pace.

"Wait, can you slow down. You're literally dragging me!"

Off harshly let go of Mild's arm and abruptly faced her. His face was red because of the anger he was trying to keep within.

"You can go on with your delusion about us getting married but you can never expect me to participate in this bullshit."

"I still have my cards against you," Mild singsonged as she waved her phone in front of him.

"Oh this?" Off grabbed Mild's phone without a warning and threw it as hard as he could on the nearby wall. The phone hit the wall with a loud sound before its parts fell on the ground.

"What the fuck??! Hey! Are you crazy! I just bought that phone you idiot! I haven't even backed up my photos from my latest trip!"

"Much better then. I think you're old enough to ask for directions to your building. See you never then."

Off waved his hand in dismissal before walking away, leaving Mild who was bawling her eyes out at the sight of her dilapidated phone.

"How am I supposed to update my Ig feed you bastard!"

———

Off peeked through the window and stared at Gun who was happily chitchatting with Tay and Arm. He took a deep breath to compose himself. He didn't want Gun to notice that something was wrong. He brushed his hair before stepping inside the room while wearing the brightest smile he could ever plaster on his face.

"P'Off you're here already? So how was Mild? " Gun turned to him as he approached his chair.

"Oh she's fine. By the way what are you talking about?"

"Oh we're talking about going to the beach this weekend to celebrate Gun's scholarship and of course to unwind," Arm flailed his arms as he performed a mini dance.

"Oh, that's great!" Off looked at Tay who didn't speak a word after he came.

"Are you okay, P?" Gun furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at Off whose expression was quite troubled.